Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Push the windshield wiper stick FORWARD and it will wash the rear view mirror camera.

I'm sure it is buried in the manual, but pretty cool to see it happen live.

(Also, buried deep in the settings, is the ability to have it "washed" whenever putting the Bolt in reverse; I believe my settings were off by default.)

·
Registered
150 Posts
...(Also, buried deep in the settings, is the ability to have it "washed" whenever putting the Bolt in reverse; I believe my settings were off by default.)
That will be very useful in the winter when the back of the car will always be dirty!

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Thankfully they thought of that and implemented it. I would have never thought there was one though. How effective does it seem though?

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Nice! Thought the only time the rear wiper activates is when it does so automatically if the front wipers are on and you shift to reverse. That's what the Bolt engineers said, but they didn't mention the manual option.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Thankfully they thought of that and implemented it. I would have never thought there was one though. How effective does it seem though?
Highly effective the few times I used it in rainy weather. But it's not permanent - if the rain continues, you may need to spray it again.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
I think rain-x is only good for glass and not plastics, don't think there's really much out there to make plastics hydrophobic. Maybe whatever people put on soft tops to make them waterproof?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Push the windshield wiper stick FORWARD and it will wash the rear view mirror camera.

I'm sure it is buried in the manual, but pretty cool to see it happen live.

(Also, buried deep in the settings, is the ability to have it "washed" whenever putting the Bolt in reverse; I believe my settings were off by default.)
Yes-s-s!!! Thank you for the advice sir, it works on my 2019 Premier, too!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Whenever I'm in back of my Bolt (accessing the hatch etc.) I'll wipe the rear camera lens gently with my thumb. That actually does a pretty good job when the vehicle isn't moving. If you're driving and there is spray from rain or melting snow, then the rear wiper wash trick is very nice to have. The thumb method does help to conserve washer fluid though when you can do it.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Only premier models have this. LT models don’t.

·
Registered
63 Posts
We love the rear camera wash. Becomes a habit before going into reverse from November through April, even in the garage. Much nicer than having to remember to wipe the lens, and probably less chance of scratching

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Any new tips? My rear camera is starting to develop spots... Used the rear spray this week and just wiped it using R/O water and micro fiber cloth...

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Is your Bolt still on warranty?
Yes.

BTW, very clear this morning. Just wondering if there are any more development no appropriate spray/coatings to keep it cleaner.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts