Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my 2017 Bolt Premier since January, and even though it has the upgraded Bose audio system, I needed more than that.

IMG_9138.JPG

And so it begins.

The end goal is a 4-way, fully active sound system using Dayton Audio drivers and DSP. Power will be provided by 3 MB-Quart amplifiers, 9 channels in total.

I got a little ahead of myself, and forgot to take pictures before I started sound deadening. I added one layer of sound deadening, then reinstalled the stock sub and amplifier for the time being.

In order to get enough space for the 2 12" subs, I decided on a fiberglass sub enclosure to maximize the small amount of space in the cargo area. I started off by masking off the area with green painter's tape.

Next went a layer of 3/4" MDF, along with more painter's tape.

I forgot to take pictures while I was laying the fiberglass mat and cloth in the spare tire well. I let the resin cure overnight, and then pulled the enclosure out of the car.

Due to the site's limit of 10 images, I will continue below in a separate post.
IMG_9138.JPG
IMG_9139.JPG
IMG_9142.JPG
IMG_9148.JPG
IMG_9159.JPG
IMG_9161.JPG
IMG_9166.JPG
IMG_9172.JPG
IMG_9176.JPG

Attachments

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I’ll never tell..... my wife might read this!!
but seriously I will try to put some rough prices together once I am further along..
I guesstimate around 2500 in total for equipment and install parts. I know it sounds like a lot, but I can rationalize it as I spend a lot of time in the car and I don’t have many other vices.....

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Looks like I inadvertently started two posts. I have stopped adding to this one and have posted the link below to the active post.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts