Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to the drive in a couple weekends ago. We had a grand idea to fold down the rear seats and set everything up to lay in the back, but I'm too tall, and the rear window is too small. This might work in the summer when we can leave the hatch opened, but alas, we just had to sit in the front seats this time. Other than that, it was an uneventful experience until just after the credits finished rolling... I was just about to put the car into gear and the darned thing turned off on me. No problem, just hit the power button and then went about my business, but thought it was interesting.

Has anybody figured out what exactly makes it decide it's time to shut off?

·
Registered
3,626 Posts
just after the credits finished rolling... I was just about to put the car into gear and the darned thing turned off on me. No problem, just hit the power button and then went about my business, but thought it was interesting.

Has anybody figured out what exactly makes it decide it's time to shut off?
two hour movie? as page 205 of the manual says:

If the vehicle is left in P(Park) while running and the RKE transmitter is inside, the vehicle will run for two hours. At the end of the second hour, the vehicle will turn off.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dang, I knew I should have finished reading the manual! I read the Spark EV manual cover to cover... only made it through the infotainment setup in the Bolt manual and never got back to it. I feel like there may be some value in revisiting it.

Movie was about an hour and a half, plus previews before, and credits & easter eggs after. Seems about right.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts