Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In case this is helpful for other Canadians especially in Ontario, I ordered my Summit White Premiere with info and safety pkgs on Dec. 12th in Toronto. My Bolt was actually built around Jan. 30th and was in "Transit" status forever. It finally arrived at my dealer on March 10th and I went to the dealership to see it and make the leasing decisions the next day which happened to be my 60th birthday. That was a great birthday present! I picked up the car on March 15th, so I've had it only one week and am loving it. I recommended my dealership to a friend who insisted on test driving one at the Toronto Auto Show before ordering. He did and immediately placed his order (late February), and was told to expect a June delivery.

I personally had a very good dealership experience, but in this day and age, GM should provide a more transparent tracking process. And the decision to flood the California dealerships with stock to the point that discounts approaching $5k are showing up while most states have nothing and Canadians have a tiny dribble makes you wonder.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Congrats on the new Bolt and happy belated 60th! I would imagine you spent a lot of that day in the Bolt. :D
GM probably doesn't want to give buyers the option to track their vehicle because of how odd the transit path is. bro1999 posted up a blog with a map of how the Bolt was shipped to him and it made absolutely no sense to me.

·
Registered
150 Posts
That's great that you finally got your car. I like your friend waited to order my car after I saw it at the autoshow in February. I got to test drive it there too. My dealership had said I could expect to wait 8-10 weeks(which would be end of April-mid May) but I suspect it will be 10-12 weeks like your friend was told.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Yep, GM ought to stop deliveries to CA dealers for a period, and ramp up all remaining states with at least a trickle. We have none in Ohio.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I'm at Frost in Brampton. Mine was #5 of 7 allotments they had. I believe they sold their last allotted car last week. But like all things, if the orders keep coming they will keep requesting them from GM and I would think that GM would keep pushing cars to where orders were coming from!

·
Registered
98 Posts
It would be nice if dealerships with a 'sold' allotment Bolt (aka me! lol) received priority over those being built to sit on a dealers lot, but I suspect that is not the case.

·
Registered
734 Posts
I'm at Frost in Brampton. Mine was #5 of 7 allotments they had. I believe they sold their last allotted car last week. But like all things, if the orders keep coming they will keep requesting them from GM and I would think that GM would keep pushing cars to where orders were coming from!
Exactly, especially when they had really ambitious plans for its launch from the start.
The only roadblock if you want to call it that is waiting for these to be delivered and with how unique of a product this is waiting is that much easier... they've got us cornered!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am in Milton and ordered on Jan 13 from Queenston in Hamilton. Wallace Chev in Milton couldn't guarantee delivery so they put me in touch with Queenston.
I got mine on March 18. Though I think they are not getting any more until calendar 2018 now.

·
Registered
29 Posts
In case this is helpful for other Canadians especially in Ontario, I ordered my Summit White Premiere with info and safety pkgs on Dec. 12th in Toronto. My Bolt was actually built around Jan. 30th and was in "Transit" status forever. It finally arrived at my dealer on March 10th.
Odd, I ordered from Old Mill just 2 days after you and mine only just came out of production on Friday (March 17th) and Old Mill said to allow 2 more weeks for delivery.

I wonder why the inconsistency?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Odd, I ordered from Old Mill just 2 days after you and mine only just came out of production on Friday (March 17th) and Old Mill said to allow 2 more weeks for delivery.

I wonder why the inconsistency?
Spoke too soon, Old Mill just called to say that my Bolt arrived this morning. Hope to pick it up Saturday. Yippee!

·
Registered
979 Posts
Spoke too soon, Old Mill just called to say that my Bolt arrived this morning. Hope to pick it up Saturday. Yippee!

Nice ! That quick transit from Lake Orion MI to dealership might indicate they're now shipping full trailerloads as opposed to onesy-twosy's on an individual transport. I hope mine gets the same treatment.
;)

·
Registered
168 Posts
A bit of thread resurrection; any of those from Ontario receive their Bolts ordered end of Feb-early March? I ordered March 3 - two months later, still no build date set. What was the timeline you experienced going from no build date to delivery? Dealership did mention June delivery, but I'm getting a bit concerned that they haven't been able to "put it in the queue" in two months time. Even if they knew it was being built on or around a certain date (even in several weeks) that would be much better than "check back for updates in two weeks".

·
Registered
150 Posts
I ordered back on Feb22 and I just got my order number on Friday. No production date set yet. My salesguy thinks we are still good for a June delivery so I'm not panicking yet! Okay maybe just a little bit... LOL

·
Registered
639 Posts
Maybe calling up Chevy US might get some answers although not as detailed as we wish but it always helps to get insight from someone else in a different part of the company. Any consistency in information is always a good thing.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Well after I did my last post I thought I would hit gm.ca's chat feature and see if they had a production date. They took my order number and said they would email me back once they had any info. Well I just got an email back and my date is May 28!

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
The whole allocation process was why I jumped on my chance to get a "smuggled"
Bolt in St Pete, Fl. My Volt lease would have been up & if I was frozen out of an
allotted delivery I would have had to lease something else.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts