Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my Arctic Blue Bolt EV LT at the end of August and am totally enjoying it. It's perfect for running around the San Francisco Bay Area. The most fun was the drive from Oakland to Santa Cruz - 160 miles round trip, no need to recharge until I got home. But the best part was Hiway 17 over the mountain from San Jose to Scotts Valley - this car really handles nicely and has plenty of power. Everyone whom I've given a ride to has been seriously impressed. Great work Chevy!

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Even better over the mountains, you're not revving hard to gain speed for passing, amiright? I think I catch quite a few people off guard passing them on the freeway without a rev of an engine. I definitely see the surprise when I pass someone silently on 35mph streets--I can see their WTF face in my rear view as they try to make out the make and model of my Bolt.

·
Registered
4,777 Posts
Even better over the mountains, you're not revving hard to gain speed for passing, amiright?
Not only do you not rev, you glance down at the speedo and discover with a shock that you're doing 20 km/h over the speed limit without having realized it. Without the steadily increasing pitch of an engine it's so easy to overshoot your target speed in the Bolt.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Agree, love driving this thing... A-bit of adventure driving the bolt. Have a Honda F6B too (stripped down GoldWing), haven't driven it sense the Bolt. Wish I had the roads you have in SF (love that town), I'd go crazy :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts