Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
121 - 126 of 126 Posts

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
Got off work early today so I thought I'd stop by the dealership assigned to host the swap. Contact person wasn't much help, saying they can't do anything before I get the official offer. He did say that most who do a repurchase just drop the car off, not doing an MSRP swap (his words). Of course that's what they want right now.
The dealer website says they have 71 new vehicles in stock. The reality was they had a pair of lowest trim Traverse's. That's it. But I could order one with about a 5 month wait. I checked them out and some salesman came by and wouldn't stop talking about how smooth the ride was. "Like driving a boat on a calm lake". He couldn't have turned me off more.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Well sounds like a lot of you folks have had a better time of this than me. After the recall on that Friday in August I was lucky enough to get though on the first part of the next week. First rep took my info. Now after 14 weeks and numerous back and forth emails and and phone calls and 6 more reps my patience is running a little thin to say the least. I have a Bolt that my wife refuses to drive. It's parked away from the house so it does burn down the house and it's cold up here in the mountains of Colorado so I can't pre charge the damm thing so the range is not even worth pulling it out of the driveway. Best of all if this thing does catch fire it will take out the county of Grand because is been extremely dry up here. I've been told so many stories now I don't know what or who to believe anymore. One of the reps I talked with said I could go with a trade and then buy a new vehicle. Which is what I wanted to do. I ordered a new vehicle in October and it's now built and will be shipped soon. Here where my next problem is, the last rep I talked with said now I can't do that. I have to take the buy back. Also she told me it would be another 8 to 10 weeks before I get the buyout numbers. So I'm paying insurance, monthly payment for a car that is sitting for over 3 months and can't be used. It basically a lawn ornament. I live in Colorado and the dealer that I was going to turn the car into told me how it works. He seem to know more about this than any of the reps I talked with. If anybody can help me out here please give me some good advice. I listening! Thanks.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Well sounds like a lot of you folks have had a better time of this than me. After the recall on that Friday in August I was lucky enough to get though on the first part of the next week. First rep took my info. Now after 14 weeks and numerous back and forth emails and and phone calls and 6 more reps my patience is running a little thin to say the least. I have a Bolt that my wife refuses to drive. It's parked away from the house so it does burn down the house and it's cold up here in the mountains of Colorado so I can't pre charge the damm thing so the range is not even worth pulling it out of the driveway. Best of all if this thing does catch fire it will take out the county of Grand because is been extremely dry up here. I've been told so many stories now I don't know what or who to believe anymore. One of the reps I talked with said I could go with a trade and then buy a new vehicle. Which is what I wanted to do. I ordered a new vehicle in October and it's now built and will be shipped soon. Here where my next problem is, the last rep I talked with said now I can't do that. I have to take the buy back. Also she told me it would be another 8 to 10 weeks before I get the buyout numbers. So I'm paying insurance, monthly payment for a car that is sitting for over 3 months and can't be used. It basically a lawn ornament. I live in Colorado and the dealer that I was going to turn the car into told me how it works. He seem to know more about this than any of the reps I talked with. If anybody can help me out here please give me some good advice. I listening! Thanks.
My experience was pretty much the same until I filed a lemon law complaint. Now I have a formal written offer letter with a frozen mileage and I don't really care how long it stays on my driveway. Every mile I use it and every day passing is not my loss but theirs because this car is getting older and older. In the meantime, my only concern is a potential hail damage or something that may be caused by parking outside because then I will need to deal with the insurance.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My experience was pretty much the same until I filed a lemon law complaint. Now I have a formal written offer letter with a frozen mileage and I don't really care how long it stays on my driveway. Every mile I use it and every day passing is not my loss but theirs because this car is getting older and older. In the meantime, my only concern is a potential hail damage or something that may be caused by parking outside because then I will need to deal with the insurance.
Thanks, what state are you in?

121 - 126 of 126 Posts