Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
I’m going to try to attach a photo of my wire bundle, taken as I was installing the Tekonsha unit 5 months ago. I believe you can see the blue/violet wire in the center of the bundle on the back side. I cut the cloth with an Xacto “hobby knife” with pointy blade, and a pair of pointy scissors. You have already exposed a much larger working area than I was able to do. I couldn’t/didn’t remove the side panel, so I was working in very tight quarters. Would stick my phone back there to take a picture, then make the next step. Very frustrating as I recall!
F88C581D-0D1B-4C1F-B5DF-046EE738FCB0.jpeg

Sorry, I should have loaded the full-res image, where the blue/violet wire would be more clear. It is the one in the center of the bundle in the image, showing through from the back side. Not very convenient - like making this post from my phone!

·
Registered
540 Posts
Yeah it's not in the twisted bundle, the blinkers that is. Don't mess with the twisted ones, they're probably CAN bus (differential signal) and definitely not what you want. I did my trailer lights in February and was rooting around just like you. It's not what I'd call an easy job, but not terribly hard..just gotta be careful. Neatness counts when it comes to wiring.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Also just out of curiosity, is the white bag an airbag? It would make me feel much better knowing for sure it's not an airbag I'm so close to :)
No, that isn’t an air bag in your picture.

41 - 44 of 44 Posts