I stumbled on this site and thought it might be of value, noting how many discussions there are regarding long-term storage methods for the Bolt:
11-08-49-001V: Transport Mode On Message Displayed in Driver Information Center (DIC) and/or Battery Light is Flashing (Follow Procedure as Outlined Below) – 2010-2018 Buick Cadillac Chevrolet GMC
Some customers may comment that there is a “Transport Mode On” message displayed in the DIC and/or the red battery light is flashing. The transport mode is intended for use on vehicles being shipped over long distances, and includes vehicles shipped into and outside of the United States and Canada.
Some products will be shipped from the assembly plant with the Transportation Mode On. The feature reduces the electrical load on the battery when the vehicle is parked, which extends the battery stand time.
To alert the operator that the mode is on, the red battery telltale will be flashing and if equipped with a DIC, it will display a Transport Mode On message. 24 hours after transport mode is turned on, with the vehicle Off, (with exception of 2015 Full-Size SUVs equipped with RPO AVF, and continuing in later model years without AVF) the key must be used to enter the vehicle, as the following functions will be disabled: Passive Entry, Remote Keyless Entry, Content Theft. For 2015 Full-Size SUVs (Cadillac Escalade models, Chevrolet Suburban, Tahoe, GMC Yukon Models), with RPO AVF, and continuing in later model years without AVF; the Remote Keyless Entry function will remain enabled during transport mode, allowing entry without a key. Exit lighting timers will function but will be reduced.
Note: For PEPS vehicles in transportation mode, the key fob will operate for the Start/Stop button, as long as the fob is inside the vehicle.
When the vehicle is running, the only difference in operation will be the DIC Message and Battery Telltale on. The Passive Entry and Remote Keyless Entry functions are restored with the ignition in run.
The intent of the feature is to prolong battery stand time. The mode SHOULD be left on and it is recommended to leave it on while the vehicle is in dealer inventory. Also a customer may want to use the mode if the vehicle is going to be stored. The method to turn the mode off is the same to turn the mode on.
Refer to the section below for the method to turn the mode off and on.
Note: Normal Vehicle Diagnostics and Service Procedures Should Not Be Performed when Transport Mode is Active.
Turn Off Transport Mode Prior to Performing System Checks or Service Procedures.
When the Transport Mode is on (active), enter the vehicle using the steps below:
1. Attempt to unlock the vehicle with the FOB.
2. If the vehicle is not responding to the FOB, press the PEPS door handle switch a few times (if equipped) then attempt to unlock the vehicle with the FOB.
3. If the vehicle is not responding to the FOB, the key must be used to enter the vehicle.
4. Turn the Transport Mode on/off using the appropriate procedure below.
2017-2018 Chevrolet Bolt EV
To turn the Transport Mode On/Off:
- start the vehicle (as indicated by the green Ready light),
- activate the hazard flashers,
- press and hold the brake pedal,
- then press and hold the Start/Stop button at least 15 seconds.
- The “Transport Mode On/Off” message will appear on the DIC.
- Then turn the hazard flashers off.
- Allow the vehicle to sleep at least 2 minutes prior to restarting.
Hope the above is of some use.