Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After at least three dozen times trying to get KeyPass to work I contacted GM and the guy I spoke with had never done it before! Has anyone successfully got this thing to work? I get as far as it asking me for a pass phrase (which I don't have) then the MyChevy app crashes or KeyPass crashes.

Can anyone help?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Using an LG. Able to connect with bluetooth with no problem, can make calls, Android auto connects easily, but can't get KeyPass to work.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Same here, connect to Bluetooth entertainment system just fine, first few steps of KeyPass seems to work, KeyPass bluetooth connection work and I can see the KeyPass device in my Bluetooth devices list, then I can scan the QR code, and it just hang after that, never completing that step.

BTW I have a OnePlus 3T.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Same here, connect to Bluetooth entertainment system just fine, first few steps of KeyPass seems to work, KeyPass bluetooth connection work and I can see the KeyPass device in my Bluetooth devices list, then I can scan the QR code, and it just hang after that, never completing that step.

BTW I have a OnePlus 3T.
I got the QR code once, but wasn't able to scan. Could not get the QR code again. OnStar couldn't get it to work either. I have a Google Pixel phone.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I got the QR code once, but wasn't able to scan. Could not get the QR code again. OnStar couldn't get it to work either. I have a Google Pixel phone.
I have a Pixel as well and got KeyPass to work although not on the first try. I had similar issues with the QR code, so I uninstalled the myChevrolet app, deleted the phone from the car, turned off the car and waited for a few minutes. Then tried again and the app recognized the QR code and Keypass now works.

That said, I find the feature to not be that helpful to me. All it does is turn the lights and radio on when I approach the vehicle...

Hope this helps.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts