Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone else notice any wearing around the hole where your seat belt feeds? I didn't notice until it was too late to adjust how I fasten my seat belts.

I now have 2 worn down notches in the plastic trim. Very annoying now that I realize I made the notches with how I pulled out the seat belt to buckle-up.

·
Registered
2021 Bolt Premier
3,481 Posts
Does anyone else notice any wearing around the hole where your seat belt feeds? I didn't notice until it was too late to adjust how I fasten my seat belts.

I now have 2 worn down notches in the plastic trim. Very annoying now that I realize I made the notches with how I pulled out the seat belt to buckle-up.
First two words that popped into my head?

"Poor Design."

Any chance we could see a photo of the damage? Then, perhaps someone can devise a solution...

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Agree, it's a poor design, but I see it on other cars. Just didn't pay attention if there was any wear from belt usage. Below is my photo from today. You can see where the interior trim's pattern is worn flat along the right, vertical edge of the hole the belt comes through.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Probably should just even out the wear by pulling on seatbelt more from different angles.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Thought the notches were deep but that doesn't look too bad, just not the best. unless you can diy some kind of trim piece to go around that area, there's not much to do.

·
Registered
2021 Bolt Premier
3,481 Posts
Thought the notches were deep but that doesn't look too bad, just not the best. unless you can diy some kind of trim piece to go around that area, there's not much to do.
I'm wondering if you could buy a SS cable loop thimble for a large diameter cable, and bend it to better conform to the seat belt opening, and glue it in place. This is a cable loop thimble and they're generally available.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts