Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks --

Have any of you had trouble with the rear sprayer?

I was noticing that it was taking 5-7 seconds before water would start spraying the rear window.

When I was at the dealer recently the intake guy said basically, meh, that's normal, deal with it.

Now it seems like the pump is trying its best but no water is coming out.

Have any of you encountered this?

Thanks much,
Philip

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
I've pretty much encountered this on every vehicle that I've had that has a rear window washer sprayer thing. I think because of the time it takes to get it all the way down the lines but once it's prepped through, you should be able to hit it again and it'll come out no problem.

·
Registered
4,777 Posts
My understanding is that fluid for the rear sprayer is supplied by the window washer reservoir under the front hood. That probably means that the line is routed somewhere near the bottom of the car - so if the sprayer hasn't been used for a bit I can easily imagine the fluid settling back down in the line and it taking a while to pump it back up to the nozzle. And if it's routed up through the A and back down through the C pillars there could be a siphon effect that causes it to be sucked back into the reservoir.

At any rate, it's a long run from the reservoir to the spray nozzle, so it seems reasonable to me that it might take a while to come on.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts