Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my Bolt late last week and love it.
Having a hard time figuring out what the miles available to run the car means, when given two ways:

• Estimated Electric Range:
  • 232 Miles
  • Estimated Total Range:
  • 273 Miles
(copy paste from the My.Chevy my garage car stats webpage)

Is the 273 miles figuring I'll be regenerating via L mode? Basically picking up 40 miles via regen?

I've noticed the car will read one thing on the dash for range, the Iphone app another and the my.chevy website will also not line up to either the dash or the Iphone app. My guess is what the dash reads is what should be paid most attention to.

Loving this car.

I round trip 50 miles a day.

Unplug it, drive it to work and back.

Plug it in to 110v when I get home telling it when I'm next leaving and I find it at 100 percent at departure time the next day.

Simple. Really simple.

Paddy-

·
Premium Member
787 Posts
The my.chevrolet.com website seems to be buggy with regards to the Bolt. Currently, the car itself tells me that I have roughly 164 miles of range. The myChevrolet app says I have 163. However, the my.chevrolet.com website that I have 164 miles of electric range, and 133 miles of total range. I'm at 76% charged, according the app.

But I think I know what is going on.

When you use the Modern Enhanced display for the DIC, you get 3 range values: a best case, worst case, and a middle ground. The lower number of 133 for total range that I'm seeing on the website correlates directly to the worse case scenario that my Bolt is displaying. The 164 range figure for electric range given by the website for me also correlates directly to the middle ground figure that the Bolt reports. The range figure displayed in the myChevrolet app corresponds to the middle number. It doesn't show a worst or best range figure.

If I turn off my climate control system before I turn off the car, the numbers for all 3 ranges go up. This is also reflected in the website and the myChevrolet app. For the record, those numbers went to to 173 for the middle number, and 145 for the worst case number.

So that estimated total range number appears to be a worst case range estimate, and the electric range number is the middle-ground case. Neither of them appear to have to do with driving the car in L mode.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you! Helps me to understand what's going on here. Been reading the book and there is a lot in there for me to learn and retain.

·
Premium Member
787 Posts
Thank you! Helps me to understand what's going on here. Been reading the book and there is a lot in there for me to learn and retain.
Don't quote me on the "Total Range" figure being the worst case scenario. It seems to randomly pick which value to use. Just a little while ago, before I left to go run an errand, it was reporting 195 miles of range, which was the best cast scenario. When I got back and updated things, it is now showing 158 miles, which is the mid-range number on the display. The Total Electric Range number, however, was accurate for pre/post errand running.

Use the Total Electric Range number and know that the Total Range number could be one of three values. The website is definitely buggy.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts