Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
1) Did your Bolt come with the liners for the cup holders? My 2021 does not. I would swear my 2019 had a removable liner in the cup holder, just as there is a removable liner for the cavity where the aux/USB cord plugs in. Not a big deal. Just curious. I will order a liner though if available. They do make cleanup easier.

Kitchen utensil Grey Frying pan Magnifier Magnifying glass

2) Unable to set the DAY when programming delayed charging. Today is TUE. Current delayed setting is WED. I tried to change to FRI. Setting won't save though. It will take the TIME setting, but not the Day of week setting. It seemed like it used to work on this car, but can't be 100%. Trying to ponder what conditions would cause that. I tried other days of week to no avail.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I see the "liners" are generally referred to as coasters. Or skid pads. Or inserts. I am 90% certain my 2019 had 'em. So perhaps like the rear door locks, the item was dropped. Not to be deterred, I found some GM coasters on Amazon for $4. There is a mapping to a set from WeatherTech for the Bolt, but they are too big. The diameter needed is 2.75".

Reactions: detsiwt

·
Super Moderator
2020 Chevrolet Bolt
1,836 Posts
2) Unable to set the DAY when programming delayed charging. Today is TUE. Current delayed setting is WED. I tried to change to FRI. Setting won't save though. It will take the TIME setting, but not the Day of week setting. It seemed like it used to work on this car, but can't be 100%. Trying to ponder what conditions would cause that. I tried other days of week to no avail.
When you did this, was it already past 9 AM on Tuesday? It seems to be working correctly. In the video, you changed the departure time setting on Wednesday from 7 AM to 8 AM, and that's what now appears on the screen.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Had a 2020 and currently have a 2021. I added my own liners. I have had a 2019 and 2017. Had to add liners to each of them.

-usna92

1) Did your Bolt come with the liners for the cup holders? My 2021 does not. I would swear my 2019 had a removable liner in the cup holder, just as there is a removable liner for the cavity where the aux/USB cord plugs in. Not a big deal. Just curious. I will order a liner though if available. They do make cleanup easier.

View attachment 37747

·
Premium Member
2021 chevy bolt premier ev
267 Posts
On my 2021 bolt premiere I changed each day for departure charging and it works great
I set the whole week originally around 4 pm
and since May it. Has worked great
I didn't get the Cup liners either, I just put paper towels in the cup holders. It works for me

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
When you did this, was it already past 9 AM on Tuesday? It seems to be working correctly. In the video, you changed the departure time setting on Wednesday from 7 AM to 8 AM, and that's what now appears on the screen.
The time sets correctly. It is the day of week that is not sticking. I changed it from WED to FRI in the video, but it didn't stick.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Had a 2020 and currently have a 2021. I added my own liners. I have had a 2019 and 2017. Had to add liners to each of them.

-usna92
Wait what? You have had 4 model years of this car? That's got to be a record.

I am recalling that my 2019 had a dealer installed package that included all-weather mats. The cup liners must have been part of that package. I liked them because they had the little tab on the side for e removal. The ones I just ordered don't have the tab. (Hope that is my biggest problem this week).

·
Premium Member
267 Posts
The time sets correctly. It is the day of week that is not sticking. I changed it from WED to FRI in the video, but it didn't stick.
One thing you have to do is set your house as your normal charging site and your car will remember your settings
When you open your departure screen there should be a place that you could select as your house, and you should be good to go

·
Super Moderator
2020 Chevrolet Bolt
1,836 Posts
I don't think that's how departure time charging works. You set a specific departure time for each day, and the Bolt will schedule it's charging to reach the target charge level on the next scheduled departure time.

So if today is Tuesday, the latest you can set the next departure time charge schedule is for 11:59 PM on Wednesday night. You won't be able to set a "schedule to charge by Friday morning" departure time on Tuesday.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
One thing you have to do is set your house as your normal charging site and your car will remember your settings
When you open your departure screen there should be a place that you could select as your house, and you should be good to go
Right. And indeed my car is setup that way. It knows when its home.

I don't think that's how departure time charging works. You set a specific departure time for each day, and the Bolt will schedule it's charging to reach the target charge level on the next scheduled departure time.

So if today is Tuesday, the latest you can set the next departure time charge schedule is for 11:59 PM on Wednesday night. You won't be able to set a "schedule to charge by Friday morning" departure time on Tuesday.
Bing, bing, bing. That must be it. They haven't allowed for the possibility that not everyone drives their car every day. I can live with that.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Didn’t I just see a thread where people were posting window stickers with ridiculously priced “dealer added options” and those cup holder liners were one of the things? Maybe you paid an extra $300 for them on your 2019 model?

🤪🤪🤪

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Didn’t I just see a thread where people were posting window stickers with ridiculously priced “dealer added options” and those cup holder liners were one of the things? Maybe you paid an extra $300 for them on your 2019 model?

🤪🤪🤪
I can't recall the exact amount, but yes, it was a forced overpriced dealer option that I was stuck with in order to get the configuration and color I wanted. Plus, the all-weather mats were immediately put in dry storage in favor of the far superior MAXpiders I purchased separately.

·
Registered
2021Bolt
116 Posts
Nope
No liners in my cup holders. 2021 Bolt.

ammunition for the buyback.

but they did give me weathertek mats

·
Registered
9 Posts

View attachment 37747

My 2021 Bolt LT didn't bring that either.
I haven't tried that yet.
By the way the infotainment on the bolt is mediocre with lack of options to interface with the car energy consumption and battery management system.

·
Premium Member
267 Posts
By the way the infotainment on the bolt is mediocre with lack of options to interface with the car energy consumption and battery management system.
I bought the heavy duty floor mats from my Chevy dealers parts department
They are basically the same as weathertechs floor mats but a little cheaper
Chevy bolt is lasered on the front mats
I used my chevy points to get them
It sure beats those cheap rug style factory mats

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Are you aware of Torque? A member here came up with a way to interface the app to the Bolt. Lots of BMS and tech info.... Chevrolet Bolt OBD2 PIDs

1 - 20 of 24 Posts