Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw this image over in inside EVs. This car belongs to the Maven car sharing people and I'm sure they just bought a black Bolt and had the lower section wrapped. It does make me think though that GM ought to explore this as an option for buyers like people buying Minis, Smarts and Souls do. It would be cool if owners could mix and match as they please. I likely would do a two tone.

What do you think?

·
Registered
51 Posts
When I first saw it my reaction was it is not cool. I think many BMW i-3 owners asked for a solid color instead of the two tone paint job. But it will be interesting to see if this inspires any Bolt owners to try a wrap or business owners to use their car like Smart car owners did to advertise.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I don't know, I kinda like that! Other colours might not be as nice though. As an option it could be cool. Could this be the return of the Two Tone paint jobs of the 80's?

·
Super Moderator
2,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
When I first saw it my reaction was it is not cool. I think many BMW i-3 owners asked for a solid color instead of the two tone paint job. But it will be interesting to see if this inspires any Bolt owners to try a wrap or business owners to use their car like Smart car owners did to advertise.
You do have to try to visualize different colors. That yellow is not so great. Here's some quick ones I did because I like orange-

Attachments

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
That orange one reminds me of the popsicles I used to eat as a child that had the ice-cream inside of them lol! But I'm kinda digging the two-tone look. On the flip-side, I would love to see one completely murdered out. Black paint, tinted headlights, black out the "grille" sections, etc.

·
Super Moderator
2,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That orange one reminds me of the popsicles I used to eat as a child that had the ice-cream inside of them lol! But I'm kinda digging the two-tone look. On the flip-side, I would love to see one completely murdered out. Black paint, tinted headlights, black out the "grille" sections, etc.
I think that's what Boltar is doing with his.

·
Registered
2017 Bolt EV LT
271 Posts
Not a fan of the straight transition from one color to the other in the middle of the panel, but I like the way the Maven cars are done using the existing body line (black trim) to make the transition

·
Super Moderator
2,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Mediterranean blue doors, hatch and hood would be so pretty on the summit white, my imagination tells me
How would you do that? Do you mean just take blue doors, hood and hatch and put them on a white car?? :confused:

·
Super Moderator
2,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Not a fan of the straight transition from one color to the other in the middle of the panel, but I like the way the Maven cars are done using the existing body line (black trim) to make the transition
Yeah, it could be that way too for sure. Any color combo you might like?

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
How would you do that? Do you mean just take blue doors, hood and hatch and put them on a white car?? :confused:

Yes, perhaps I should get another Bolt in blue and swap the said parts. Two two-tone cars would be great.

If I remember correctly, years ago in Europe you could buy a Smart For Four with swappable panels, although I don't remember how that used to work.

·
Super Moderator
2,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
In 1996 VW did a limited run of Harlequin Rabbit/Golf, swapping out the panels/doors/hatches of a couple hundred units. Each unit was a unique combination. There is a registry of vehicles here http://www.rossvw.com/harlequin/
I remember those! I never knew what they were called, so I always called them Piet Mondrian cars. :laugh:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts