Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
  • Hey Guest, welcome to ChevyBolt.org. We encourage you to register to engage in conversations about your Bolt.

Unable to Charge

8K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  Odebek 
#1 ·
Last weekend my 2019 Chevy Bolt stopped charging. The only error I get is "unable to charge". To troubleshoot I used the 110 volt charger and got the same error. Does anybody have any suggestions? My next step is take it to a dealer but it'll have to be towed on a flatbed because The closet dealer is probably beyond the range I have remaining.

#2 ·
Press the Onstar button, ask for any diagnostic codes... maybe they can work some magic for you?

Reactions: Gireya
#6 ·
This just happened on my wife's 2019 Bolt. We're plugged in to a ChargePoint 32A charger at home. It's been sitting there for a couple of days since we last used it. I'm thinking it must not have charged the last time, since our last trip would not have drained it from full down to 60 miles remaining.

After a bit of fiddling with no luck, my wife disconnected the cord form the car, flipped off the circuit breaker, waited a moment, then flipped it back on. It appears to be charging normally now.

We'll be bringing it in to the dealer for a check up anyway, but wondring if anyone has suggestions on what it might be.

#7 ·
You sure the breaker hadn’t tripped? I’ve got one here on a heat pump that sits in a box on the side of the house that has been tripping OFF when outside temps drop too low. I’ve been going outside, flipping it to the far right, then back to far left - and the heat pump starts back up. Just a weak breaker, I think, that needs replacing.

#9 ·
I had this issue today. The 240v pigtail was not seated fully in the white charging brick (it looks like it was in completely, but was pulled out by a millimeter), and that caused the charging brick to glow Amber instead of green. reseating the pigtail into the brick solved the issue for me.