Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Plugged my 2020 Bolt with less than 1800 miles into a level 3 chargepoint station and walk away. Can back within a half a hour and notice no charge. Now for some reason it doesn’t want to charge. Ive tried different 110, 240 and level 3’s and nothing. It gives me a, “unable to charge error”. Onstar emailed and said take it to the dealer, so there it waits. A ton and a half brick. Service advisor told me probably be there all week. No recall or bulletins to help. Anyone have a similar situation and or solution.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Glad you made it to the dealer. It sounds very cut and dry, an easy diagnostic case. If in the worst case the battery needs replacing, a big dealership should take about 1 week.

·
Registered
7,584 Posts
Could be any number of things. I recall someone needing their AC serviced to be able to charge. A properly functioning AC system is required for charging by at any level charger.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Sometimes it is the 12 VDC battery that is the culprit.

I presume you meant DC Level 2 charging.
It is becoming increasingly important to differentiate DC Level 1 and DC Level 2 EVSE. Since SAE dropped the proposed "Level 3" designation", it becomes confusing to term all DCFC as "Level 3".

It is also becoming less helpful to lump all AC Level 2 EVSE together just because they use > 208 VAC. The wide variability (<10 to >30) in range miles per charging hour (rmpch) makes using trip planning apps (especially those which do not provide EVSE power levels in kW) very difficult.

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
Anyone have a similar situation and or solution.
@klowenst had this happen and it was the Power Line Communications Module that failed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts