Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
  • Hey Guest, welcome to ChevyBolt.org. We encourage you to register to engage in conversations about your Bolt.

Unlimited Free Charging in Oregon, Washington, LA, SF

6K views 13 replies 5 participants last post by  desiv 
#1 ·
Hi all, thank you for letting me join this community. Have you heard of EVCS? They operate here in LA but have locations in Oregon, Washington, and the Bay Area.

I just recently got one of their ads and signed up for their unlimited subscription plan and I've been pleasantly surprised by it.

I believe they now own the West Coast Electric Highway previously owned by Webasto and charging here is free while they upgrade the network to new tritium chargers.

It's free for the first 30 days and are growing their network quite rapidly. Definitely something to monitor as charging infrastructure continues to grow. Let me know what you think.

Unlimited EV Charging. Monthly Subscriptions Plans | EVCS

#4 ·
Did you use them through pay as you go or were you a Webasto subscriber?
I was just a subscriber... $20/month for unlimited QCs. Allowed me to go electric with my Leaf when I did. As I lost some range and in colder weather, I needed to stop in the middle of my commute for a charge, but there was a WCEH station right there I could use. Worked great! Stopped in the morning and charged while getting a hot chocolate at the store, and then again on the way home while I checked some work e-mail. ;-)

#13 ·
I was quoting what it was when I was a member... I can see now it's gone up a bit since then. ;-)
Yeah, you said "if", so I went back and checked their page. I can't see it working for me personally, mostly because I rarely would need to use DCFC but also there's no station within 50 miles of my home. And their charger locator map needs work. When I enter my zip code, it says the station in Blaine WA is my nearest location, saying it's 16 miles away. However, Blaine is on the Canadian border, and more like 140 miles from my home. Their map places it in Tacoma, not even close. :D And to make it worse, they only list Level 2 charging stations there.

Reactions: cwerdna and desiv
#10 ·
I've heard of them. Earlier on, their transition of the WCEH in WA and maybe Oregon from Webasto (was Aerovironment) DC FCs to EVCS was a disaster to say the least (I know some people in WA).

I didn't even know they existed in the SF Bay Area. In checking Find EV Charging Stations Near You | EV Charging Station Map, I can see why. Everything I see in the South Bay is "coming soon". So, no wonder I didn't know they "existed" here. Seems totally useless to me, so far.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.