Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's an update from Montana: It's been a long winter as many in the northern tier as many can attest! But it is slowly getting warmer! After typical winter range of 180-220 miles I'm seeing what warmer (slightly...) temps do for range: a lot.

I'm looking at my first 300+ charge. I had 263 miles total at my last charge. Fully charged the next AM at 262. It was a warm day and it edged up to over 280, 30 miles of driving only costing me 6 miles of range. The next day we had snow and it headed back down to winter range, below 250. Warmer days over the weekend got me back over 280, and then the bottom fell out again with 2 days of cold weather, including a 32 degree day with high humidity and big wet snow that forced me to run heat/defrost for one of the few times all winter. The rest of the week was trending warmer, temps in the high 40s and 50s and then the past couple days over 60...and the range total edged up to 308!

This has been mostly in town driving, speeds 25-45 (~40-80 kph), some local highway driving at 55 (~90 kph) with only limited Interstate driving.

It's pretty nice to be at the EPA's rated 238 and have 70 miles range left!

Attachments

·
Registered
49 Posts
I enjoy this forum and like to celebrate with others when they hit new milestones. So, "Contratulations! on passing 300 miles estimated range." :D

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Wow, those are some beautiful numbers, especially in metric as well for our superior metric friends.

Wish I had more sub-60mph roads on my commute.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I have to say I live in a congested Northern Atlanta Suburb and I am mainly driving congested surface streets 35-45 MPH. I am consistently getting around 280-290 per charge. I just smile as I watch gas prices go up.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
And here's another quick update. After a couple warm days I'm at total range of 320/515 mi/km!
Same driving routine: mostly in town driving, speeds 25-45 (~40-80 kph), some local highway driving at 55 (~90 kph).
Today was the warmest day of the year for us 70/21 F/C!
No heat/AC just running the fan at 2 or 3 setting.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.