Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
Is the Mustart unit UL approved? If so, then Chevy can't tell you it is unsafe to use for charging of your car and deny the warranty repair. If they want to sue Mustart for the damages that is their business. If the Mustart unit is NOT UL approved then it becomes much harder.

Keith
GM and dealerships tell customers to pound sand all the time. Even if it’s UL listed that doesn’t gaurentee that singular unit isn’t defective.

If I recall another forum member recently got mustart to pay for similar damages. I think there was a mustart customer service rep quasi-spamming the thread with apologies and claims about a bad batch of EVSEs.

·
Registered
495 Posts
It's really simple. If you are willing to make a stink you will not be taken advantage of. If you are not willing to make a stink you will. How do you know his charge port was not defective and caused the damage to the EVSE? I don't, you don't, and the dealership doesn't know. They are throwing out a generic BS excuse saying that you can only use the stock EVSE or an L2 that they provide... that is a load of BS and they can only get away with it IF YOU LET THEM.

My advise is to call the EV concierge and get them involved.

Keith
Complaining until they agree to fix it to get rid of you may very well work, but that’s a far cry from “GM is obligated to fix it because it’s UL listed.”

I’m just not sure GM is at fault here, and while I feel for OP, it’s probably Mustart who should pay, or insurance.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts