Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I updated to the latest app this morning and now it crashes whenever I try to use any of the remote key fob functionality. Further, there doesn't seem to be any mention of keypass in the app. When I'm within range of the car, it doesn't appear as the connectivity choice like it did...well, yesterday.

Has anyone else experienced this?

I may be one of the few that actually uses keypass. I'm hesitant to try re-installing because I went through **** trying to get keypass set up on my Galaxy S8 in the first place. That said, the totally broken remote key fob is a bigger problem.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I updated to the latest app this morning and now it crashes whenever I try to use any of the remote key fob functionality. Further, there doesn't seem to be any mention of keypass in the app. When I'm within range of the car, it doesn't appear as the connectivity choice like it did...well, yesterday.

Has anyone else experienced this?

I may be one of the few that actually uses keypass. I'm hesitant to try re-installing because I went through **** trying to get keypass set up on my Galaxy S8 in the first place. That said, the totally broken remote key fob is a bigger problem.
I use keypass and it works ok with the latest app version from today.(3.22.0 [356]) for key fob. What was broken with the last update a month ago was CarPlay showing the correct current GOM miles and % charge. It wouldn't update except very occasionally for reasons unknown. The CarPlay GOM miles would lag behind the display on the dashboard, even for long durations like 30 minutes or so. Restarting the app would update it. The app's % charge and GOM mileage were updating but CarPlay wasn't. Hopefully this update fixes that........

·
Registered
169 Posts
Edit - the app works ok for keypass/FOB with iOS12.4.x. Can't speak for Android.

And... I found the edit button! Still dealing with the new forum format...

·
Registered
57 Posts
Keypass setup has been removed from the app for me and others in 3.22. Chevy is making their stance on software clear. No feature updates for last years vehicles (separation of heat and ac botton for 2019) and they'll remove features before fixing them (keypass).

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have version 3.22.0 (2884). I cleared all app data and went through the sign in process again. Key fob now works but Openair is right - no sign of keypass.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Huh. I have a 2017. Keypass is there in 3.22.0 (356) iOS. Keypass setup is there. It looks like we need to state Bolt year and iOS or Android to figure this out. If they got rid of Keypass, does that get rid of ALL the bluetooth connectivity, including the FOB? And thus if you don't have the 4G data connection active [paid or otherwise] you have NO connectivity?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Likely if you already have it setup it continues to work gallen. But 2018 and android here. Yes, that's exactly what it means. Its keypass via bluetooth or onstar 4g. Nothing else. It really sucks as I used to use keypass on my old Sony phone since the vehicle often doesn't get onstar signal in my driveway (in the middle of a city) but I hadn't gotten around to setting it up on my new phone yet.

Edit: seems it's only gone from android and still present on iOS. Hope they're not trying to pull a iphone only thing since it use to work on my Sony android just fine.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Great. If they're going to remove it from the official app, I HOPE they will at least consider removing the nag message on the car itself, suggesting that you set up keypass.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Is there a way to downgrade the app if a future update kills keypass or breaks something else?

To answer my own Q, no unless you've grabbed an older version in the past. One program for this is https://www.imobie.com/support/downgrade-an-app-on-iphone.htm . I just grabbed 3.22.0 for iOS just in case GM takes anything away or breaks it [again]. I don't know if this release fixes the CarPlay failure to update GOM and % battery above but will find out tomorrow when I go on a 200 mile road trip.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I found an iPhone with 3.20.0 mychevrolet app on it, from 3 months ago before they broke it. But despite trying all sorts of things (including synching with iTunes 12.6, not 12.7), I can't grab the .ipa app file so I can import it to another device. If anyone knows how to do that, I can post the file somewhere. I can archive versions that are currently in the app store, but it's too late for that now.

·
Registered
505 Posts
I have keypass and the setup was a nightmare but it only works half the time. That kind of headache I don't need.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I had to uninstall the app and re-install it and re-sign in so it would work. Now that you mention it, I think key pass is gone after the re-install. I didn't try to add it back from the car and don't know if it is gone forever or not.
BTW, I now have version 3.22.0 (2884)

·
Registered
40 Posts
In my view, The part of Keypass that had the most potential to be useful was approach detection.

And, did Chevy use this cool new 'high-tech' feature to unlock your drivers door as you approach?
Did they use it to start up the cars computer to mitigate the delay the screen takes to turn on so that your backup camera would actually be ready when you are backing up out of your parking space?
Did they use it to AUTOMATICALLY start the car or even just PRECON?

NO. They literally used it to turn on the outer lights of the car!

NOW maybe they figured, bluetooth range is ~30' on paper so if you're about 30' feet from your car, it'd be nice if lit up so that you could see it. And if you're a whole 30' away, you may not want your doors to unlock just yet, in case anyone had it out for you or your car.

BUT in the real world, bluetooth range is <15'. If your're that close to your car, you don't need it to light up, especially when your headlights are HID, which don't like to be turned on and off a whole lot. IF your're already that close to your car it'd be nice, if at the very least the driver's door unlocked, even better if you had the option to unlock all doors or not, as you do when you physically touch the silver button on the handle.

Anyway, I hope they are working on something better.
I'm sure if they are, we'll see it in the new 2025's.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Let’s just face it the myChevrolet app stinks and they don’t care. I have tried numerous times to send them bug reports and even let them grab log files to trouble shoot issues and you can never get in touch with the real devs. Just a bunch of OnStar wonks that read a script.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
About this Discussion
14 Replies
8 Participants
electrikchillipepper
Chevy Bolt EV Forum
We’re the Largest Chevy Bolt EV Online Community and Owner's Club. Join to discuss sport mode, reviews, battery range and charging!
Full Forum Listing