Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve been complaining about the app on the forum and to GM directly- the thing that was not working for me was iwatch was not staying connected to the car - the phone app would disconnect and everything would require logging in again. The “keep me signed in” slider was not working at all.

Noticed a new message after deleting and reinstalling the app - hoping this solves my issue and maybe some others!

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
I deleted and reinstalled the app on my iPhone, and it didn't seem to make much of a difference.

I live in hope, though.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes just barfed on me too. So lasted about a day. Incremental improvements GM I like it

/s

·
Registered
4,902 Posts
Are you guys being asked the PIN instead of username password? Somehow that is my setting and that is fine for me.

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
I get asked for the PIN every stinking time. Wish I could get rid of that too. If someone gets my phone I'd love them to unlock my car and get in. Easy to find my phone that way.

·
Registered
4,902 Posts
I get asked for the PIN every stinking time. Wish I could get rid of that too. If someone gets my phone I'd love them to unlock my car and get in. Easy to find my phone that way.
If your phone supports fingerprint login, you can choose that option. Of course, if someone lifts your prints, they can log in to your Chevy app and unlock the car doors. :)

·
Registered
2019 Chevy Bolt LT, Cajun Red
663 Posts
from my experience, the issue is that whenever you sign in from a different device, it logs you out of all other devices.
I have this issue as my wife and I both use the app with the same login.

If you only accessed the app via one device, it should keep you logged in on that device.

Chevrolet has horrible programmers; or testers; or whomever it is that makes these simple annoying decisions with their app. I'm sure they have their 'illogical' reasons for doing everything they do.

(NOTE: i do still need to use the pin/fingerprint option; but that isnt quite as annoying, but still its annoying)

·
Registered
12 Posts
I believe that GM probably outsources their remote app to the lowest cost bidder and have non-technical PMs who manage this terrible app and really think they are doing a good job, because they probably don't own a GM vehicle.

I am on iOS and the 5.x version is the worst yet, the old version was somewhat tolerable and more reliable. This current iteration looses your login, freezes up and KeyPass works one time during setup and then broken the next time I bring up the app to refresh. It takes 30s to a 1min to refresh or send commands when it does work, usually requires a sign in/out to get it to work or you have to power up the vehicle to get it work.

Totally, unacceptable, I really hope these guys are not the ones doing the recall BMS updates. This is the one thing I envy about a Tesla is that they build good software and bring new features, GM is still very 20th century in their thinking.

They can't even give us 2017-2018 Bolt adopters the charge slider or separate "Heat" and "AC" buttons, you have to get a new vehicle to realize such digital improvements. :-(

1 - 9 of 9 Posts