Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So to preface this, I have successfully used the Chevy app with the same Android cell phone and charge cord in a 2017 Bolt. Everything worked as expected.

I have a new 2021 Bolt LT. When I plug the phone into either of the two console USB ports the phone acts as if USB power is turning on, then off, then on, then off, etc. continuing repeatedly until I unplug it. The cycle rate is a few seconds. I have tried different cords (all known to be good), different infotainment settings, and even uninstalling/reinstalling the app.

To me this looks like a hardware glitch with the car itself. I searched this forum and did not see anything specifically on this issue. Has anyone else seen this?

TIA

·
Registered
2017 Chevy Bolt EV Premium - Metallic Grey
110 Posts
100% the USB port has failed. The issue is intermittent enough to where it probably past the factory check but failed shortly after.

it could have been dropped before install and maybe has a cracked solder joint or loose component.

probably want to get it fixed before it burns out.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I had this problem with bad cables, and when the port on my phone was gunked up with lint and needed to be cleaned out. If it's not either of those it's probably the port going bad. There have been a few people posting that they had theirs replaced.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've tried three different cables, and may try cleaning the phone jack (again) because that is an easy thing to try before I take it in to the dealer. Ugh.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I've tried three different cables, and may try cleaning the phone jack (again) because that is an easy thing to try before I take it in to the dealer. Ugh.
Are any of the cables original factory cables? If they are all cheap aftermarkets, then I wouldn't rely on them.

·
Registered
Premier, Yo, with every goodie!
998 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts