Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The USB ports in the center console area were dead the day I bought the car at 4600 miles. I took it to a Chevy service center and they couldn’t fix it and they were supposed to call me back but it’s been two days and I haven’t got a call.
I tried turning the car off and on several times, Tried resetting the infotainment center, Tried both an iPhone and an android phone with multiple cables. The wireless key charging works fine it’s just the USB ports that don’t work. I’m wondering why these would already be broken on a brand new car and also why the dealership wouldn’t check that they work before they sold it to me. Also how do I fix this

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
If it is all four USB ports, then it is unlikely to be four simultaneous "port" defects. The two in the rear of the console {Premier only} are just for charging so there should be "juice" there but no inter-connectivity (i.e. cannot send tunes or navigation to the infotainment screen). Is there power available at the rear ports? {Can your phone charge there?} The two ports in the front of the console are "bi-directional" so they should be able to both power your device, and send information forward. Are both ports inoperative? Is it for both functions? I don't think that Fuse #41 (Power line communication module; 10 amp) guards this circuit even though it has the words "power" and "communication" in its title. Nor do I think that Fuse #31 (In-panel bussed electrical center; 30 amp) is involved. {The fuse schema is on page 265 of the Owner's Manual.} But you could check these out if you think I may be wrong. There are spare 10 amp {far right} & 30 amp {far left} fuses in the "line of spares" along the upper border of the fuse panel.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I’m wondering why these would already be broken on a brand new car and also why the dealership wouldn’t check that they work before they sold it to me.
For the same reason someone would drop thirty grand on a vehicle without checking that they work first. People make mistakes, overlook things, or just plain forget. It happens, that's what warranties are for.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I had exactly the same problem with my brand new 2019 LT. The dealership couldn't figure out what was wrong, and they went as far as replacing the infotainment unit. It turned out to be a short in the port receptacle, which damaged the circuit in the infotainment unit. Replacing the receptacle solved the problem. It took 3 weeks with frustrating lack of communications in between. I had to get the sales and service managers involved to push it through. They were sorta having "not my problem" attitudes at the beginning.

-TL

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
The USB ports in the center console area were dead the day I bought the car at 4600 miles. I took it to a Chevy service center and they couldn’t fix it and they were supposed to call me back but it’s been two days and I haven’t got a call.
I tried turning the car off and on several times, Tried resetting the infotainment center, Tried both an iPhone and an android phone with multiple cables. The wireless key charging works fine it’s just the USB ports that don’t work. I’m wondering why these would already be broken on a brand new car and also why the dealership wouldn’t check that they work before they sold it to me. Also how do I fix this
Aren't there limitations on how many miles a vehicle can have on its odometer to still be considered a "brand new car"?

·
Registered
210 Posts
I have found that I need to replace my USB cables every few months. I can't really explain why but it is frustrating.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts