Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wrote up my thoughts on the rolling start test that Car & Driver routinely performs and InsideEVs agreed to post it: http://insideevs.com/the-rolling-start-a-better-ev-performance-metric/.

The Bolt EV section states:

"The Chevrolet Bolt EV, a car GM claims to be faster than 7 seconds to 60 mph, may have similar acceleration performance to the i3; but with greater than double the range at a lower price, it will be uniquely positioned in the market. It will compete directly with traditional cars.

Assuming the Bolt EV’s rolling start time is around 6.7 seconds, it will be marginally slower than performance-oriented hatchbacks, such as the VW GTI or Ford Focus ST. On the other hand, it could easily be more responsive in real-world driving conditions than many entry-level luxury cars, such as the Audi A3 1.8T, BMW 320i, BMW X3 xDrive28i, M-B C300, M-B CLA250 or M-B GLA250."

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Great article! If it's acceleration time is similar to the i3, then can I assume the the 0-60 and 5-60 acceleration time for the Bolt EV will be the same?
There is no change in the acceleration time for the i3 in both tests.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I agree-- it's very possible that the Bolt EVs performance on both tests will be very close and just under 7 seconds. Maybe the 5-60 will be a tenth faster but that's really in the noise. We won't know until C&D does an instrumented test, which probably won't be done until this fall at the earliest.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Someone willing to wait for improvements might be in luck since improvements in performance could be a matter of them making software updates that further extract better range and power output. It will be noticeable but not significant

1 - 4 of 4 Posts