Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
21 - 40 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
4,965 Posts
Well, more and more people are using EVs for Uber/Lyft, proof that right now, commercial usage favors EV as long as your use schedule allows for charging time. Just look at the post of someone trying to offload a 2018 Bolt coming up on the 3 year lease with 100K mile... LOL

·
Administrator
2,294 Posts
Yeah, and as Bolt ownership increases through the “secondary” market, we’ll start to get a better and better idea of how well these first-gen batteries will hold up.

Seems like a lot of first-gen Bolt owners got out well before the battery warranty expired, or just didn’t drive the car much (maybe a lot more leasing than purchasing ... or just short commuting?)
Given high costs for excessive mileage (most leases limit to 10-12K/yr), those who leased by definition drive less. Ergo, low mile lease returns hitting used car markets.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Given high costs for excessive mileage (most leases limit to 10-12K/yr), those who leased by definition drive less. Ergo, low mile lease returns hitting used car markets.
Agree, low cost lease, would have loved to buy out my 2017 but got a 2020 with a lower payment, more range, more features, etc...

·
Registered
839 Posts
Some dealer dope offered me $12,500 for my 2017 Prem with a 72/100,000mi Bumper to Bumper warranty that is transferable as a trade. I laughed, told him not looking to buy unless I get 18
Funny I have not heard back from him ... lol

With the recall the prices dumped !

·
Registered
5,621 Posts
10 days ago I began tracking inventory. Nationally supply has dropped 10%, and in Oregon 30%!

Prices aren't going to drop much so long as inventory keeps going down. I should start tracking average days on the lot as a better metric of supply/demand.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Last year I traded my '17 LT with like 12K on it and $2500 worth of right rear quarter panel damage for like $16.5K, for a 2019 Premier

This year, last month, I tried trading in the '19 Premier with 11K zero damage, and they $17K was what they offered for a 2020 Premier.

Similar discounting on the new car both times.

So my take away was the prices of used Bolts have tanked even more than in the past.

I'm in Denver.

·
Registered
2017 Bolt Premier
458 Posts
Traded my 2017 Premier in literally a month before the recall happened and got just under $14k. Got so lucky as now they’ve frozen all Bolt transactions but list prices for sale are lower than what they paid me for mine.

·
Registered
5,621 Posts
It's tough to tell what you got on trade because they can adjust the price on the other end... unless the price was negotiated as low as they would go prior to even mentioning the trade.

#1 rule of negotiating with car dealers is to stay laser focused on out the door purchase price before talking about anything else.

I always sell private party because I'm not willing to hand over 20% of the vehicles value to the dealer. If I spend 4 hrs selling a vehicle and make an extra $2k, that's like making $500/hr.

Bolt inventory continues to plummet. Just from yesterday the national inventory dropped 7%. Locally it dropped 3%

·
Registered
4,965 Posts
Reactions: wonderbolt

·
Registered
4,965 Posts
Wow, cheaper than a 2017 Prius III with 68k miles.

·
Registered
9,267 Posts
It has been hit in the left rear. It has double the normal mileage, and I find no indication it has DC fast charge.

·
Registered
4,965 Posts
It has been hit in the left rear. It has double the normal mileage, and I find no indication it has DC fast charge.
Good eye, I did not read or see anything about the car being hit. Although, 2017 Bolt LT are still cheaper than a used 2017 Prius III.

·
Registered
5,621 Posts
I've been tracking inventory over a month now, and we're below 50% from Nov 20th. I haven't seen new listings for a couple weeks now, so existing inventory is drawing down. Perhaps a flood of used vehicles will hit all at once after the stop sale lifts and drive prices further down. I think that's more likely than the remedy significantly increasing the value of these used vehicles. I'll wait a bit longer.

·
Registered
2017 Bolt Premier
458 Posts
Found a 2017 LT with 37k miles on it with DCFC for $13,995. First one I’ve seen for under $14k. Crazy good deals on Bolts right now.

·
Registered
5,621 Posts
Found a 2017 LT with 37k miles on it with DCFC for $13,995. First one I’ve seen for under $14k. Crazy good deals on Bolts right now.
cargurus shows about a 4% per month drop in value over the past 3 months. No telling how long that trend will maintain, but I expect the rapid depreciation to decrease at some point, perhaps a few months after inventory is released.

·
Registered
2017 Bolt Premier
458 Posts
cargurus shows about a 4% per month drop in value over the past 3 months. No telling how long that trend will maintain, but I expect the rapid depreciation to decrease at some point, perhaps a few months after inventory is released.
Agreed, or whenever the recall fixes are fully-implemented. I still think this is the time to buy cause they’ll bounce back shortly.

21 - 40 of 72 Posts