Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Lots of Bolts in the SF Bay Area with 32-36k miles for ~ $14.5k . (LTs)

·
Registered
4,622 Posts
Lots of Bolts in the SF Bay Area with 32-36k miles for ~ $14.5k . (LTs)
That's around the prices I'm seeing in Oregon, but we have $2,500 rebate available if purchased through a dealership. Lots of EVs being shipped up north from CA due to our subsidy of used vehicles. I'd say the majority of the inventory is from out of state, as many have HOV stickers.

·
Registered
4,622 Posts
Inventory is less than half from when I began tracking (45%). Cargurus shows price stagnation. The rapid depreciation seems to have halted.

Will be interesting to see what happens once the stop sale is lifted. Spark prices seem to have plummeted. What used to be selling for $9k I'm seeing at $7k now.

·
Registered
4,622 Posts
Inventory for used Bolts has plummeted in recent days, with only ~30 in all of Oregon showing in Car Gurus. This is about 1/4 of the inventory when I first started tracking 6 weeks ago. Depreciation is still halted. Leases returns are still accumulating during the stop sale, so the longer that lasts, the more built up inventory that will flood the market at once.

Any predictions for how low pricing might go for a 2017 LT? Could a flood of inventory drive prices as low as $10k? I'd buy one in a heartbeat. Heck, maybe I'd buy 2.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Inventory for used Bolts has plummeted in recent days, with only ~30 in all of Oregon showing in Car Gurus. This is about 1/4 of the inventory when I first started tracking 6 weeks ago. Depreciation is still halted. Leases returns are still accumulating during the stop sale, so the longer that lasts, the more built up inventory that will flood the market at once.

Any predictions for how low pricing might go for a 2017 LT? Could a flood of inventory drive prices as low as $10k? I'd buy one in a heartbeat. Heck, maybe I'd buy 2.
So difficult to forecast... In support of it falling further:
  • More new EVs available (Downward pressure on used, people stretch for new, the "latest thing" see evidence here )
  • Prices of new EVs decreasing as lower cost batteries make there way to market
  • Government incentives for EVs lowering the effective price of new
  • Any potential customer hearing the words "2017 Bolt EV" and "fire" in the same sentence, regardless of final resolution
  • alternatives, continued low cost of gas
In support of staying the same/rising
  • Limited supply?
  • Awareness increases as new GM EVs are promoted and reach market, the New Bolt and Bolt EUV, "GM makes an EV, huh, I wonder if we could afford a used one?"
  • Gm offering 0% on Used Bolts

41 - 45 of 45 Posts