Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Well shoot y'all.

This car is a 2020 with only 4000 miles.

Here's my dilemma. Given it's so new, this sounds like it is a software problem, so I should therefore take it to Chevy. However, I bought the car via Carvanna, and dealerships are not preferred service providers, so I have a $50 deductible with Chevy. And maybe it's not a software problem (?).

For the record: I have no problem paying $50.

So... shall I
1) cancel my appointment with the non-dealership and take i to Chevy
or
2) keep my appointment with a non-dealer and most likely have them change out the actuator

?

WWYD (what would y'all do)?
TAKE IT TO CHEVY!!!!

You are still under the factory bumper to bumper warranty (3 years/36k miles).You won't pay anything regardless of what they find.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Chevrolet Bolt
1,199 Posts
TAKE IT TO CHEVY!!!!

You are still under the factory bumper to bumper warranty (3 years/36k miles).You won't pay anything regardless of what they find.
They should quote you a diagnostic fee in case the problem is not covered under warranty. That's typical. If the sound is in fact the ibooster, it should be covered under warranty (including the diagnostic).

·
Registered
350 Posts
They should quote you a diagnostic fee in case the problem is not covered under warranty. That's typical. If the sound is in fact the ibooster, it should be covered under warranty (including the diagnostic).
Since you are under bumper to bumper, many dealers won't even ask you to sign for diag time. But some do, so good to be prepared. :)

·
Registered
9,257 Posts
1) cancel my appointment with the non-dealership and take i to Chevy
or
2) keep my appointment with a non-dealer and most likely have them change out the actuator
This is a car still under factory warranty. I would not pay anybody a single penny for anything related to this problem. It is a known malfunction, which GM will fix by technician installed software.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts