Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took delivery of my Premiere Bolt yesterday. It's Premiere in Kinetic Blue, built in September with a whopping 7 km (4 miles!) on the odometer.

It was a bit unexpected - I had placed an order at the start of the month that was expected to arrive in December, but last week I got a phone call from a salesman at another dealer who had a car from a cancelled order that was exactly what I was looking for. So much for the "six to 12 months" we Canadians keep getting quoted.

So I took the leap and have now joined the club!

It's been a long wait for me. Back in 2014 I started looking at the Volt because I wanted an electric car that had more range than any reasonably-priced fully electric vehicle had at the time. But the Gen2 Volts were announced, so I held off until they came to market. It took over a year before I could actually see one, and it's awful rear set headroom and terrible rear visibility left me quite disappointed.

By that time the Bolt had been announced, and it was immediately obvious to me that (a) the hatchback design was exactly what I was looking for (it's configuration is almost identical to my Prius C), and (b) at a promised 200 miles it probably had enough range for me. So began another long wait.

Now, over 3 years later, I finally have my electric car. I think it was worth the wait!

I took the "scenic route" home from the dealership yesterday, racking up over 150km more km on the clock. I love how it drives - it just seems to rush forward effortlessly. No fuss, no noise, just like a stallion who loves to cut loose. This is going to be fun!

·
Registered
979 Posts
In Vancouver you`ll also get to appreciate those huge wipers criss crossing the windshield.

The other day I learned that one can turn off the ``automatic`` rear hatch wiper action which otherwise occurs in reverse gear when the main wipers are on. This vehicle is amazing.

·
Registered
4,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys! I have a couple of little mini-projects planned when I get a chance and I'll try to document them as I go.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Oooh, I can't wait.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts