Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Even with "creep" turned off, I think removing your foot from the brake pedal at stops is going to take a lot of reconditioning. Years of muscle memory would make me depress the brake pedal even at a complete stop just because it's what I'm used to. Though you do bring up a good point about it's safety in case the Bolt gets rear ended. Does it have some kind of emergency brake to prevent you from getting pushed into traffic?

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
I was under the impression that it locks the gear and axles from rotating essentially until you hit the accelerator pedal and it releases.

·
Registered
57 Posts
At (seemingly random) times, the parking brake will automatically engage when I'm sitting at a signal with my foot off the brake pedal. Can't reproduce the "when". Sometimes on a very mild incline (downward), and sometimes just completely level road. Sometimes at a LOOOOng light, and sometimes not. In each case, however, as soon as I hit the accelerator pedal, the brake releases, and off we go. Have to say, the first time it did it, I thought somebody had bumped the car! Looked all around, and nobody there! Then I saw the little "brake set" indicator light and figured what happened. If you don't have radio on you can also hear the thing setting and releasing.

BTW, I always drive in "L" mode...

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
That's really odd... I mean in the sense of, it's still a mixup to know exactly when the epb engages. Just gotta be real mindful I guess lol

21 - 25 of 25 Posts