Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am hearing and feeling a vibration when I get up to 40mph and also at 60mph that has never been there before. I drove another Bolt to see if I was crazy, but no, it is not normal. My question is, what would it be from? I hear/feel it in the foot pedal and the dead foot rest. I drove it on a completely smooth surface and had the air and fan off. The sound/vibration was still there and still appeared at around 40mph and again at 60 mph. I hope it is nothing serious. :/

·
Registered
55 Posts
I would start by suspecting the tires. Check the pressure and all the bolts to make sure none have come loose. If you've recently hit a curb or pothole it could also be the alignment.

·
Registered
8,681 Posts
I would start by suspecting the tires. Check the pressure and all the bolts to make sure none have come loose. If you've recently hit a curb or pothole it could also be the alignment.
Or a 1/4" bolt stuck in the tire!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, all! It ended up being the front tires. One had a sidewall bulge and the other needed balancing. Had to have them both replaced. :(

·
Registered
6,281 Posts
Yeah, I had a pretty bad front end shimmy at certain speeds in my van that I was sure was a driveshaft issue and it turned out to be a broken steel belt in one of the tires.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts