Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife got a new EV, and my son is about to turn 16 and will inherit the Bolt. The problem is he hates the very unmanly green mist color, so we are going to vinyl wrap it — black above the belt line and color shifting below.

My intent was to begin with the hood until I realized I didn’t have enough vinyl, so I started at the other end and wrapped the spoiler. I think it’s kind of interesting the way it sets the lift gate apart.

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Whoa, judgmental much? You don’t think I’d let him drive my Mercedes cabriolet, do you?

·
Registered
203 Posts
I was really thinking of wrapping the roof of my Bolt in black, especially if I had gotten a white Bolt (went with red instead.) A ceramic paint coating has taken that option away, but I still think it would look interesting. You'll have to post more pictures after you've finished your wrap.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Nothing wrong with green mist IMO. Green Mist is more like silver with a very slight green tint to it. My Bolt is silver and I test drove a green mist model back in 2018. Looks good with the spoiler wrapped though...matches the wheels and black trim around the rear window. (y)

·
Registered
203 Posts
You obviously don't live in the desert Southwest :) I'd consider wrapping my roof in aluminum foil!
Nope, I don't. Another reason to not wrap a car in hot climates is that after a few years, removing the wrap can also remove the paint along with it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts