1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
182 Posts
The first thing I bought. I miss the ones on my old Saturn Vue. They extended a lot which is necessary in the AZ sun.

Reactions: Torontonian69

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
I drive home at night with the sun to the side of my car for 30 minutes, and the sun visor wasn't keeping the sun out of my eyes because it doesn't have a built in extender. If anyone else is in the same boat, this is a very useful product that solved the problem for me.
Someone else recommended this, and when I saw it I realized that I could just cut out some pieces of foamboard and use velcro tape to hold them to the sun visors in my Prius C. Works great.

There's also a thread on how to install the telescoping sun visors from the Volt into the Bolt.

·
Registered
70 Posts
i used this one at Amazon... works well but the design quality is so-so:

[ame]https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B013JGL67M/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1[/ame]

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm at dealer waiting for tire rotation. The 2018 bolt has new extendable visors. Dang I'm wondering if I can buy the new part and interchange my old ones? Anybody else try this yet?

·
Registered
328 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Well that's cool. I'm not wanting the lights tho. Maybe if I get the 18 bolt visors I'll just have to cut a plastic pole and trim to fit like your install of volts visors. The volt has 3 screws and the bolt just 2?

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
I have a 2018 premier... where are these 'extenders' you speak of? ...haven't seen them.
If you swing the visor around to the side so that it's parallel to the driver's door, you can then pull the visor toward the back of the car so that it covers the gap between the rear edge of the visor and the "B" pillar. It works great to block the glare when you're travelling at right angles to a sun that's low in the sky.

I have a 2017 Bolt and I bought a pair of Volt visors to install because they have this capability. Well worth it!

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
Has anyone compared the pricing/quality between purchasing the Volt or the 18 Bolt replacement extendable visors ?
I'd be very, very surprised if there was any substantial cost difference. The biggest difference in my mind is that if you bought the Bolt visors then I'd expect that you wouldn't have to dremel off the extra plastic post on the mounting plate of the Volt visors. I assume that they haven't changed the mounting plate design between the 2017 and 2018 Bolts.

Of course the Volt visors I bought were illuminated - so if the Bolt ones aren't then that might make them cheaper. Removing the extra plastic post was trivial.

·
Registered
355 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
I assume driver's side and passenger...How do you designate what color? No info on GM parts direct.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I ordered them last week when had car in for the updates. Should be here this week. Wouldn't you know my driver's side one broke yesterday at the inside by the swivel. They feel pretty flimsy from what I can tell from trying to snap it back together. Hope the new ones come soon. Driving in AZ without a good sun visor sucks!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts