Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Dear Hive Mind,

My wife is doing an extended test drive today, and the info system with apple carplay is part of the draw. She likes that her phone content comes up, but would like to control it my voice as much as possible.

Right now she is hitting and holding the 'apple home' button on the 10" screen to summon Siri, and then asking Siri for apple map directions, or to call a contact number, or play an album

Is there a better way?? Like a button on the steering wheel? The call button just calls her last caller. Are the steering wheel buttons fully configurable?

Has this sort of thing worked out ok for users....our old bluetooth system in the LEAF was pretty wonky and would act up a lot.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Very minor shortcut: You can hold down the phone button on the steering wheel to summon Siri.

But you've essentially got voice control over your phone rather than the car. My previous Ford C-Max had voice control over the car, so not only could I do navigation and music tasks, I could use voice control over the climate system as well. That feature was nice in that the voice commands were processed within the car, I didn't need to have cell service available. The bad side was that it only recognized a very small set of commands. Using Siri gives you a much wider range of commands, but you have to be in an area with cell service and can only alter things that the phone contains.

·
Registered
4,789 Posts
Right now she is hitting and holding the 'apple home' button on the 10" screen to summon Siri ... Is there a better way?
I use Android so this may be completely off base - but with Android Auto you can just say "OK Google" and the system will beep and listen to your commands.

Does anyone know if Siri has an equivalent "wake-up" phrase?

·
Registered
10 Posts
"Hey Siri" ought to do the trick.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts