Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be trading in my Gen1 Volt for a 2018 Bolt and I have a set of winter tires that I am hoping to keep... they are on generic steel rims... 17". Anyone know if they will fit? I think they are the same as the Cruze.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Yes, same bolt pattern, same diameter, so in theory, they should swap over with no worries. Your experiences and results may vary ;>)

jack vines

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, same bolt pattern, same diameter, so in theory, they should swap over with no worries. Your experiences and results may vary ;>)

jack vines
Sweet thanks :) I will measure and check for sure before putting them on... to make sure nothing unfortunate happens. >:)

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
NEGATIVE! Gen 1 Volt wheels do not fit Gen 2 Volts due to different bolt pattern and offsets. Gen 2 Volt wheels do fit Bolts, however.

UPDATE: looks like Gen 1 bolt-pattern is 5x115 while Gen 2 Volt & Bolt have bolt-pattern of 5x105.

Reactions: drrjv

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
NEGATIVE! Gen 1 Volt wheels do not fit Gen 2 Volts due to different bolt pattern and offsets. Gen 2 Volt wheels do fit Bolts, however.

UPDATE: looks like Gen 1 bolt-pattern is 5x115 while Gen 2 Volt & Bolt have bolt-pattern of 5x105.
My bad and quirkySquirt is correct. I forgot there were two Volt bolt patterns.

jack vines

·
Registered
306 Posts
Yes the Volt has a different bolt pattern, as long as you have 16" tires you can use Chevy Sonic or Chevy Trax wheels.

I can recommend the Sonic wheels the Trax wheels are selling at higher prices.

You can see my Bolt in the pic to the left, with my $250.dollar sonic wheels and 205/65/16" cooper snows.

The 205/65 size tire is a 1/2 inch shorter than the original Bolt setup.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi, can I ask what You replaced the stock wheels with? I was looking at gen 1 volt forged aluminum wheels. Can anyone confirm for sure it wouldn't fit?
Also I'm going to link to a site selling volt wheels- unless they mistakenly printed wheel lug bolt pattern it seems to be same @ 105 mm
http://www.originalwheels.com/chevrolet-wheels/volt2012rims.php
I replaced the wheels with 2011 Chevy Cruze wheels. They are forged aluminum and are about 5 lbs. lighter per corner. The wheels were polished aluminum which I really didn't like, so i had them powder coated semi-gloss black. They look really good on the car and the handling is noticably better.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts