Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
  • Hey Guest, welcome to ChevyBolt.org. We encourage you to register to engage in conversations about your Bolt.

Volt to Bolt

4K views 15 replies 7 participants last post by  Michael1 
#1 ·
Hi All, I'm a long-time Volt owner, excited about the prospect of getting a Bolt EV. Happy torino this forum!

Reactions: eops
#3 ·
I love the Volt -- I've had three! But there's one thing that has always held it back from complete success. My wife and I both find it a bit too low. The seating position is hard on the back to drop into and headroom is low, especially hitting my head while stooping under the door arch to get in...

If there were a Voltec option in addition of BEV in the Bolt crossover form factor, we'd get one of each. We do about 1/2 our driving in long highway trips where the CCS infrastructure just isn't there yet for all cars to be fossil free.

Reactions: michael
#6 ·
I have sat in it, at the Texas State Fair. The Bolt's upright proportions are perfect for ingres/egres. The seating position is comfortable, with great visibility. It's a touch narrower than the Volt, giving it a cozy feel, but still plenty of space for my big frame...

#13 ·
#14 ·
I started with a Spark EV a few years ago. It was easy to get in and out of and a kick to drive. When the Gen 2 Volt came out I was so impressed that I traded the Spark in on a Premier model, despite the fact that it was more difficult for my aging body to get in and out of because it was so low. I assumed I would get used to it. I didn't. When I first learned of the Bolt I began reading everything I could find about it, and after watching every YouTube video about the car, I told my Spark and Volt salesman to call me ASAP after his dealer began taking orders. He did, and I was the first to place an order for a loaded Bolt Premier at Fremont Chevrolet. It has a build date of the week of Nov. 28 and I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a Dec. delivery so I don't have to wait an extra year for the $7500 tax credit. A friend who bought my Volt is ecstatic about the purchase, especially because it has the green CA HOV stickers, and I'm looking forward to taking delivery of what as I see as a Spark on steroids.

Silver Ice Metallic Bolt Premier with all options except DCFC (too pricey and not needed)

Reactions: gaulfinger
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.