Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While there are far fewer actual "stats" for the Bolt, they are supporting the collection and reporting of data. Here's the page for my Bolt..

https://www.voltstats.net/BoltEV/Stats/Details/9879

Please consider registering your vehicle... this was a fascinating journey with my 2014 Volt under the original VoltStats.net... seeing how many other people were doing so well with their Volts!

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Signed up as mentioned in another thread. Getting better stats from this site. :)

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Can someone help me out with voltstats? I signed up, but all it basically tracks is how many miles I drive a day? Why is this useful? It doesn't appear to grab the charging data from OnStar, but just how many miles I drove that day. WTF is this good for?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Someone rear ended me on the freeway; battery pack was fine and a wheel was torn off. I didn't feel like retaining the vehicle and since I rent I don't have a good use for the pack. I imagine it headed to a salvage auction.

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Someone rear ended me on the freeway; battery pack was fine and a wheel was torn off. I didn't feel like retaining the vehicle and since I rent I don't have a good use for the pack. I imagine it headed to a salvage auction.
Should have kept the battery! 60KWh whole house backup power, runs your house for a week in Spring/Fall!!!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Should have kept the battery! 60KWh whole house backup power, runs your house for a week in Spring/Fall!!!
Man, I wish I’d thought of that. Can you help me hook it up to my studio apartment? All I need is space for the battery and wiring modifications I’m not allowed to make.

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Man, I wish I’d thought of that. Can you help me hook it up to my studio apartment? All I need is space for the battery and wiring modifications I’m not allowed to make.
Even better, use it as a bed frame. ;)

·
Registered
1,818 Posts

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Can someone help me out with voltstats? I signed up, but all it basically tracks is how many miles I drive a day? Why is this useful? It doesn't appear to grab the charging data from OnStar, but just how many miles I drove that day. WTF is this good for?
The site was made for the Volt. For the Volt, it's useful to see how many % of your trip exceeds the electric range.

When you select the vehicle model (under Other Models), you get the stats by car model. Here is the Bolt EV!

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Signed up as mentioned in another thread. Getting better stats from this site. :)
What better stats are you getting? I'm still not following the worth of VoltStats.net as it pertains to a Bolt. And part of my confusion is that from what I've been able to figure out, the site just totalizes your mileage and doesn't correlate kWh, charge, juice, electrons, tire pressure ..... nothing but what I see on the dash, my odometer. I know OnStar knows about all my charges, if VoltStats was 'supporting' the Bolt, they would incorporate that. Anything less is meaningless.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
The site was made for the Volt. For the Volt, it's useful to see how many % of your trip exceeds the electric range.

When you select the vehicle model (under Other Models), you get the stats by car model. Here is the Bolt EV!
Ok, thanks for confirming what I thought. I get it now. It's definitely useless.

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Wow

1 - 18 of 18 Posts