Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

VW seems to be getting its post-Dieselgate strategy underway with the debut of a new EV concept at the 2016 Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas. From a teaser shot released by VW, the internet is pretty convinced that this new concept will be a Microbus EV, which is to be smaller than VW's Transporter.

It has also been reported that VW is working on flat batteries that can be carried in the floor of the vehicle
, like what is used in Tesla Model S sedans. This form of battery allows for the passenger compartment to be uncompromised, something that is perhaps even more important in a van-type vehicle as it also can make possible more cargo area.

Seems like VW is trying to take a hard turn toward EV technology now. While it doesn't make me forgive them for the unethical behaviour they engaged in with their diesel vehicles, I will give them credit where credit is due.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Just learned about UberHop and this plays perfectly into companies like Uber. Working even more to the benefit of Uber they can get these for a much cheaper price than any of us individuals.

·
Registered
263 Posts
They actually could reuse the platform from the microbus, just change out the battery and update the front a bit. Saves them some money since they won't have to start from scratch.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I heard about UberHop, but I also heard the TTC in Toronto is suing them. I think they are breaking some type of regulation or law that concerns public transit.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts