Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a Bolt for my wife on 6/11/17 from a dealership in Renton, WA. She's been patiently waiting for an EV that can drive over 200 miles in a charge... and has been stuck in a '01 Civic while waiting. Can't believe they gave us $1100 for that POS, sight unseen, lol. Can't wait to see more Bolts in WA!!

·
Registered
735 Posts
Congrats on the Bolt, glad to have you on the forum.

Were you looking at anything else before putting money down on a Bolt?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Our main requirement was to get an EV that could travel over 200 miles on a charge, so we had a reservation for a Tesla 3 but wanted to do our due diligence and test drive the Bolt before writing it off. I have to admit I didn't have high hopes because I thought it would be a small car like the Leaf. We were pleasantly surprised after the test drive and never looked back! We have since been refunded our Tesla reservation money.

·
Banned
350 Posts
Since you live in WA, perhaps you could lobby to get some charging stations along I-5, and maybe even elsewhere in the state?
(Plugshare shows remarkably few L3 J-1772 chargers in Washington)

·
Registered
862 Posts
Since you live in WA, perhaps you could lobby to get some charging stations along I-5, and maybe even elsewhere in the state?
(Plugshare shows remarkably few L3 J-1772 chargers in Washington)
SAE J1772 standards:
L3 AC is >20 kW
L3 DC is >90 kW

AFAIK, WA state is not alone in not having any installed (and the Bolt can only use L2 AC or CCS @ 50-80 kW - technically L2 DC)

I believe WA state is looking to start adding CCS (50 kW likely, but possibly some 100 kW+) with their portion of the VW money.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi from Auburn, WA!
I picked mine up from the Puyallup dealership. I was surprised there were so few of them on the lot at other dealerships...

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi from Auburn, WA!
I picked mine up from the Puyallup dealership. I was surprised there were so few of them on the lot at other dealerships...
Yeah very few Bolts on the lots. Maybe Seattle/Bellevue dealerships have more but we didn't venture up there. We didn't have any luck in Puyallup, I don't think they even had a Premier on the lot when we went and their price was too high for us.

We live in Maple Valley so maybe we'll see you on hwy 18! What color did you get? Ours is black.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts