Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone recently ordered a Bolt from the USA? Just curious how long they generally take to get. I ordered one last week, and no change in status as of yet (stuck at 1100). Before I ordered my dealer said it would take about 8 weeks, but I am not sure if that was accurate for the Bolt or if that is just how long an average GM car takes.

Also, how often should I bother checking the status? I think I heard somewhere that the updates happen every Tuesday.

Reading some of the other threads (primarily just the troubles for those in Canada) makes me wonder if I should try to just cancel my order and find one local/ship one, because I would really like to take delivery in December.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
This Forum has Bolt drivers from all over the continent and your question is very location dependent. Some people receiving their Bolts now have been waiting for six months and some who have ordered now are looking at a 6-8 month wait! Some (few) can walk onto a lot and buy what is available right now. Most are ordering the color and configuration that they want and playing the waiting game.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Here's info from my printout that I got from the dealer:

Event Code..Event Description.................Time Stamp.End Date
1100...........Preliminary Order.....................07/27/2017.08/07/2017
1102...........Added thru Web.......................07/27/2017.09/19/2017
2000...........Accepted by GM.......................08/07/2017.08/08/2017
2500...........Preferenced.............................08/08/2017.08/08/2017
3000...........Accepted by Production Control..08/08/2017.08/24/2017
3100...........Available to Sequence...............08/24/2017.08/24/2017
3300...........Schedule for Production.............08/24/2017.08/29/2017
3400...........Broadcast................................08/28/2017.09/19/2017
3800...........Produced.................................09/19/2017
4000...........Available to Ship.......................09/23/2017
4150...........Original Invoice........................09/25/2017
4200...........Shipped / From Lake Orion.........09/26/2017
4300...........To Toledo OH / Cassens Transp...09/28/2017
4B00...........Bayed......................................09/29/2017

At this point still waiting for car... 12 weeks later.
One thread it was stated they waited 5 1/2 weeks after it was produced.
Based on that, maybe I'll see mine next week.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Its all certainly very local. Here in CT there seems to be little problem finding Bolt EVs on our dealer lots. I took a look at one dealer today, and it looks like he has nearly a dozen Bolts on his lot. The price quoted is about $1000 below retail, although the dealer pretends its a bigger discount than that by including the rebate from the State of CT in the price he advertises.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
3800...........Produced.................................09/19/2017
One thread it was stated they waited 5 1/2 weeks after it was produced.
Based on that, maybe I'll see mine next week.
5 weeks and 1 day. Just got called this afternoon that it has been delivered to the dealer. But won't be able to pick up till Nov. 1st

·
Registered
12 Posts
Not sure but I believe the order cut off date is close if not passed. Any way for reference here in Cincinnati we ordered first week in September and took delivery October 6. Order was GMS so not sure if that made any difference. Love the car and hoping yours arrives soon

·
Registered
158 Posts
Every color and option here in Texas (both LT and Premiere). In at 5pm and out at 8pm (3 hours) including financing and trade.

You gotta love Texas.

Rent a truck and dolly and come on down partner.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Like Texas, Orlando dealers have 1-3 Bolts on the lot each. I test drove a black Premier, and bought a loaded white LT that was sitting on another dealership lot. I think the deal took a couple hours total. The car was delivered to my dealer by 5pm that night.

Strange that inventory is so unevenly distributed. Why would it be hard to find them in Ohio or Illinois or Michigan (where they are built) and easy in FL and Texas? Weird.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
5 weeks and 1 day. Just got called this afternoon that it has been delivered to the dealer. But won't be able to pick up till Nov. 1st
Salesman thought he would hold car till November 1st for his sales quota. His manager thought otherwise and even had another customer wanting to buy it. So they called me today and I picked up my Bolt today. I'm now an official Bolt owner.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Lucky to live in CA. Dealerships have pretty much whatever you want in stock in the Sacramento area.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the replies, I appreciate it!

I just checked again, and I am still stuck at 1100... :(

Not sure but I believe the order cut off date is close if not passed. Any way for reference here in Cincinnati we ordered first week in September and took delivery October 6. Order was GMS so not sure if that made any difference. Love the car and hoping yours arrives soon
Where did you hear cut off date? I am starting to think maybe I missed it. Anyway, congrats on the car!
@XJ12 -- Glad to hear you finally got yours. I would hope mine wouldn't get stuck in shipping so long, especially being I am only a 30 minute drive away from the plant they are made at! But at this point I am thinking I may have missed the boat for 2017.

As far as buying one off of a lot -- we do have some on lots here in Michigan. The dealer I ordered from even has 3 in stock. I just want a red one with specific options, and don't want one that has been sitting on a lot too long so I figured it was better to order from the factory. I am thinking of starting to look at dealer lots and maybe just get one off the lot. Maybe I can get a better deal that way too.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well, after being stuck at 1100 for a month... I decided to cancel my order and ended up buying one off of my dealers lot.

Did not get the color I wanted, and got a few extra features I didn't want (DC fast charge, floor mats), but at least it had every feature that I did want and now I don't have to worry about the tax credit being cut next year.

I ended up with black, and it is not that black is a bad color -- the car looks pretty good in black -- I just really wanted either red or blue. But it's hard to find red or blue Premier w/ Driver Confidence II, so it was either ship out of state or just get the black one. I also did not want front license plate holder, so local just made more sense as most of the states with surplus Bolts have front license plates.

My dealer did find a local Bolt in blue, but it had the light gray interior :( I really thought about it for a while, but I just couldn't buy it given the problems everyone has with the dash...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts