Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I am joining the Bolt EV family come Tuesday! A Silver Ice Metallic Bolt EV Premier with Infotainment, Driver Confidence II and DC Fast Charging. Looking forward to learning all about how to best care for and enjoy my EV.

·
Registered
195 Posts
:D Congratulations. Waiting is so frustrating, but it sure is exciting.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So it?s been a week and I am still waiting! My Bolt is coming by rail and as of Friday had made it into NC. Hopefully this week I will get to bring my Bolt home!

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Congrats and have fun at the delivery inspection! Take your dear sweet time and savor it all. Every panel and line deserves your attention.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
During the inspection, is there anything specific I should look for? Any questions I should ask?Things you wish you had asked prior to driving off the dealership?s lot?

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
During the inspection, is there anything specific I should look for? Any questions I should ask?Things you wish you had asked prior to driving off the dealership?s lot?
Thanks to this forum, I called the dealer and told them NOT to put a front license plate holder on the car.

Spending time waiting 3 months for the car, with all the reviews, and comments from people on this forum, I felt like I was giving the dealer a demo instead of the other way around. Salesman freaked out when I showed him one pedal driving. I shifted it into L for him and told him to take his foot off the pedal. He stopped in the middle of the road and didn't know what to do. A car was coming and he said, "what do I do?" Hit the gas dude.

Definitely look for any damage. Check the miles on the car to double check that it hasn't been driven around without your knowledge!

If you ordered some extras, make sure they are all there.

Look for other freebies. They gave me a Chevrolet keychain. They will hit you with other questions for services galore. Be prepared. Window tint with that sir? Extra warranty? A special protective coating? Tire warranty? Oh wait, we can't offer a deal for oil changes, never mind.

Then the OnStar offers start. If you give them your credit card number, you get 6 free months instead of 3. What password do you want on your account. What SSID and password for WiFi hotspot?

Sure I could think of more. Just make sure you have fun above all else.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well finally my new Bolt and I made it home! The dealership let me know yesterday afternoon that my Bolt would arrive at the dealership late last night. So this morning about 9:00 I reach out to my salesman about a test drive. The car wasn?t cleaned or fully charged but had enough juice for the test drive. Fun! When we got back to the dealership we plugged in the car and started the buying process. I had to take the bill of sale to my house for my hubby?s signature (he?s a newspaper man so works late hours) then send it to the credit union. Then they emailed the loan docs, reviewed and signed by email and DocuSign. Then I had to go pick up the check at a CU branch thrn back home for hubby. Off to the dealership we go to finalize the sale before hubby had to head off to work. Several signed docs later and a weak attempt to sell me an extended warranty and we own a Bolt! Hubby heads off to work and I wait for the next 3.5 hours while they clean the car, tint the windows (which I really like after driving home at sundown) and a couple other over priced but possibly useful protective things. When I finally get home the car has about 118 mile capacity so I plug in the 120V charger and come inside to feed the dogs. When I use the microwave to warm their dinner (cold dinner NEVER!) the circuit breaker trips and the car beep, beep, beep several times. I unplug the car, reset the circuit breaker, finish with dogs then plug the car back in. After I get the dogs out I decided I would use the microwave again for my dinner just to be sure that that was the cause of the urgent beeping and charge interruption. It was so I unplugged the car, reset the circuit breaker until after I warmed my dinner. I plugged the car back in and it is happily sucking away at its ?juice bottle? with no more fussing.
The JuiceBox arrived today. The electrician is coming on Thursday to provide an estimate for the installation. I will share the charging experience from this evening and hopefully he will be able to provide a solution so that the microwave and car charger can be used simultaneously.
Sorry for the long post. I look forward to getting to know my Bolt. I love one pedal driving do far. Very intuitive! Will post pictures in a couple of days. I actually must go to work tomorrow since I didn?t at all today.

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
Well finally my new Bolt and I made it home!
Congratulations. Hopefully the hubby doesn't use the microwave when he gets home. Assuming you're using the default charging amps. Full 12A doesn't like other demands/microwave on the same circuit.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I gave him a heads up so I think we?ll make it through tonight. Hopefully the electrician will be able to work us in Thursday or Friday. L2 Charging (****autocorrect) should allow for pretty quick topping off most nights between when I turn in and hubby gets home. I typically only drive 25-30 miles/day. I have been reading the owners manual and it says that it is best to plug the car in when temps dip below 32F so I will probably just plug in most nights until Spring. I think I will try out the Hilltop Reserve feature once I find it. Anyway I am looking forward to getting to know my Bolt. I?m looking forward to a long and happy relationship with this car!

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
I gave him a heads up so I think we?ll make it through tonight. Hopefully the electrician will be able to work us in Thursday or Friday. L2 Charging (****autocorrect) should allow for pretty quick topping off most nights between when I turn in and hubby gets home. I typically only drive 25-30 miles/day. I have been reading the owners manual and it says that it is best to plug the car in when temps dip below 32F so I will probably just plug in most nights until Spring. I think I will try out the Hilltop Reserve feature once I find it. Anyway I am looking forward to getting to know my Bolt. I?m looking forward to a long and happy relationship with this car!
Your electrician will probably (you insist) run a separate (dedicated) line to the outlet for the Level 2 EVSE (or hardwire it). You won't pop the breaker by using any other household circuit, like you did with the 120 volt EVSE. (Most garages share circuits with other rooms in the house [usually on the same floor].) Garage outlets (like most room's outlets) are usually distributed between two circuits. This is so you can have lights from one to fix the second while it is safely disabled. Congrats. Keep us informed on the progress and your learning curve!

·
Registered
204 Posts
The Level 2 installed by the electrician will NOT be on the same circuit as your microwave, so you guys can make popcorn any time you want!

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
The dark lighting actually makes that silver look much cooler. It looks like matte liquid metal.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts