Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Bolt Premium
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ordered a 2018 Bolt Premier on 01-19-2018. Received VIN # on 02-14-2018. Told it was on a train in Toledo, OH. As of 03-20-2018 still sitting in Toledo. I have been told there are "Transportation Issues" Very disappointed.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Received VIN # on 02-14-2018. Told it was on a train in Toledo, OH. As of 03-20-2018 still sitting in Toledo.

Aaahh, yes... the old "tell tale technical temporarily tardy transit Toledo train track trick"
...shoulda' known.

You aren't the first customer with a GM vehicle in transit stuck in Toledo on a train. :(

Since you have the VIN, You may be able to track your Bolts location with the OnStar mobile app (let us know how that goes). Hopefully your wait isn't as long as the guy in the linked story above.

·
Registered
2018 Bolt Premium
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I guess I don't know how to find the current location using the OnStar app. All I could find was Parked Location and that had a way to "Set Location" but not a Find Location. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
2018 Bolt Premium
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Never used it but someone with a Chevy did. I think you have to call OnStar to have them set it up with your Vin.

Therein lies the problem. Since I don't own the vehicle yet I don't have an active OnStar account. I won't have that until the Bolt arrives.

Is anybody else out there waiting for a Bolt that appears to be in limbo?

·
Registered
612 Posts
The body shops in Toledo are all booked. Relax, they'll get to your Bolt soon.

I say that because the first new car I bought - Chevy's revolutionary Citation, their first front wheel drive, probably had a delay like that.

I saw what I wanted, one with only air and stick shift, for $6500 when the rest of them were $10k and up.

When I saw it, there were subtle clues it had had substantial bodywork above the rear left window and then an excellent repaint to match. But it was being sold as new, not salvage title. I'm pretty sure there had been a mishap unloading a car from upstairs off the transport truck.

Fine, buying a new car for 1/3 off was ok for my intended business use where I was reimbursed at a rate that assumed 12mpg and this got actual 33 over the time I owned it.

·
Registered
2018 Bolt Premium
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, I got a call from the dealership on Thursday 03/22/2018 and was told that the Bolt is scheduled to arrive in Salt Lake City on Saturday 03/24/2018. From there it is supposed to be trucked to St George within three days (I assume Wednesday 03/28) and then the dealership will prepare it for delivery (about 2 days). Well I hope the information is correct. I had my Level 2 charger installed on Monday March 19th. It seems so lonely attached to the wall with nothing to do but wait for the Bolt.

Updates will follow.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts