Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have already put a deposit on a Bolt with a build date of next week, but...

Even if everything goes as planned, that is another month out, and so far I have not heard of anything special on the Lease front(not even the full $7500 Fed Rebate) being passed through.

The Volt leases are making it hard to make a case to wait. $84 a month with $4995 down(and with negotiating, would push for a lower down, and higher monthly of course.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Yes, and the way the leases are being structured, those thinking of buying the car off-lease will have to get an LT, as the Premiere will be just too expensive with the inflated residual. GM is making lessees pay through the nose. Unfortunately I'm one of the many who don't have nearly enough tax liability to buy and claim the Federal credit on my taxes.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I have already put a deposit on a Bolt with a build date of next week, but...

Even if everything goes as planned, that is another month out, and so far I have not heard of anything special on the Lease front(not even the full $7500 Fed Rebate) being passed through.

The Volt leases are making it hard to make a case to wait. $84 a month with $4995 down(and with negotiating, would push for a lower down, and higher monthly of course.

Don't forget the additional $700 cash card if you're a Costco executive member:

Oct. 1, 2016 – Jan. 3, 2017

Now is the perfect time to put a ribbon on a new 2016 or 2017 Chevrolet, Buick, GMC or Cadillac for the holiday season.

Limited-time Costco member benefits:*

• GM Supplier Pricing

• Most currently available GM incentives

Plus

A $700 Costco Cash Card for Executive Members

Or a $300 Costco Cash Card for Gold Star and Business Members
I agree with you 100%. I have a deposit on a Bolt, a deal at $600 under invoice, and I'm still debating a Volt just because they're so dang cheap and then I could justify keeping my Tacoma.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Maybe the Costco site has not been updated yet? The Volt prices are going to be harder and harder to pass up once the Bolt starts selling more. Really down to the range you want and if you're willing to pay more for the Bolt's range.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Details? Terms? Where/Who offered?
I'd be interested in this also.

On chevrolet.com, the Volt leases look no better than Bolt leases, except for:confused: a couple of thousand dollars of discount/cash allowance that is offered on Volt but not on Bolt.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Bolt is not eligible for the Costco $700 card. Here's the list of eligible cars:

https://www.costcoauto.com/promo/Default.aspx
check your own link. They added the volt a few weeks ago. Try "new cars added."
Details? Terms? Where/Who offered?
rydell is doing some crazy discounts and leases right now. Check leasehackr for more info. At one point they were taking $6200 off some models. Right now they're $42-4700 off.

·
Registered
26 Posts
What kind of Bolt leases have people been able to get so far? Not sure how many people in this forum have actually taken one home yet...

·
Registered
172 Posts
The residual is kind of high, though. If you think you might want to buy the car, maybe put another $150 a month aside? If you just want to lease a stop-gap vehicle, it's a good deal.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I typically use: http://ev-vin.blogspot.com/ to follow current Lease offers for EV's

I am in NorCal, and will get a Costco Executive Membership($110/yr) to get a $700 gift card for Costco.

In the Bay Area, Boardwalk(Redwood City), Dublin, and Fremont Chevrolet all have deals high up on that list. Momentum Chevrolet(Santa Clara) says that they will beat any local offer.

The Bolt would be $13,500( minus $2500 from state) or more on the official lease, and the Volts are going between $7,500 and $8,500 for the three years(minus $1500 from CA, and $700 Costco Card.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Attractive offers on the Volt for sure. I wish the Volt was a more practical car. It is low slung with little interior and trunk room for its overall size.

Putting the Volt drivetrain in something more upright and space-efficent would be way more attractive to me.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts