Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All!

I'm a bit frustrated (and envious) of some of the posts I've seen on here about people getting super cheap lease deals on Bolts. I live in the Minneapolis area and have been shopping around.

I had one dealer quote me $469 per month with $469 due at signing for 36 months with 15,000 miles. I could buy the car outright for that monthly payment.

I went into another one today and, while he didn't do any formal "running the numbers," he said that price was typical.

I kinda thought it's the end of the year and they would want to clear out their 17 models. What's up?

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
The dealers usually “clear out” to make room for the new model. Most (not all) dealers will keep no Bolt inventory, just order as needed. There is no incentive to clear out. Adding to this, the ‘18 is so minimally changed from the ‘17, that there is no emotional incentive for the buyer to “buy new”. Keep the ‘17 until someone wants to buy/lease at full price. No Chevy dealer within 100 miles of me plans to sell or service the Bolt. And the Leaf is hanging too far back in range to be real competition to the Bolt. The dealer “ain’t” gonna lose the sale to a Leaf or a Model 3!

·
Registered
916 Posts

·
Registered
862 Posts
GM stated production capacity (30K yr)
GM never stated a 30K production capacity (or any other number for that matter). They have always stated "demand constrained". They did give an estimate of 20K to 30K the first year.

The pricing the OP is seeing is typical for non Section 177 (ZEV) states, and was what the first Bolts in ALL markets were going for.

GM is pushing the Bolt heavily in CA (hence the heavy discounts/incentives available there) as the ZEV credits for the '17 MY travel to all Section 177 States and they get 4 credits for each Bolt sold. This changes with the 2018 MY when the credits no longer travel in the same way and the value drops to 2.8 credits.

Section 177 States are seeing some incentives, but not to the extent available in CA.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts