Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Very nice recognition of the amazing 150Kw powertrain in the Bolt

"We now know the Bolt, available in dealerships in all 50 states, is an affordable, world-changing vehicle that delivers on the promise of electric mobility for the masses. It is quick and smartly designed, and its official range of a groundbreaking 238 miles (383 km) makes it attractive to a much wider audience, particularly those who want to do right by the environment.
Torque is more than abundant, delivering thrilling acceleration and answering our guiding question for every 10 Best Engines nominee we evaluate: Does the powertrain sell the vehicle?

http://wardsauto.com/10-best-engines/2018-wards-10-best-engines-mainstream-brands-triumph

·
Registered
149 Posts
Nice write up. Not sure I would call it ‘thrilling acceleration’ having come from a Tesla Model S P85D but still not bad :)

·
Registered
979 Posts
Nice write up. Not sure I would call it ‘thrilling acceleration’ having come from a Tesla Model S P85D but still not bad :)
Yeah but look at it this way: P85D incremental cost, in order to get incremental 0 to 60 acceleration = ($135000-$37500)/(6.5-3.2) = $29,545 (USD) per second.

(sometimes I have to wrack my brain to come up with a counterpoint to a Teslatifosi's... but figure I can't lose on a Bolt EV forum !)

Now only if Ward's could come up with "Best BEV Batteries" !

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You are in a fairly unique situation, compared to most of the vehicles I have ever driven, and all that I have owned, I feel that the Bolt has "thrilling acceleration" ;-)

·
Registered
102 Posts
As you I come from several cars that make the Bolt's acceleration seem fairly standard, but I think you have to keep in mind that most Bolt owners aren't really in the Tesla P85D price range market :laugh: I've already been called out on that when I made comments on the poor quality of the interior.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Gee, I'm glad I bought one.

You say the Tesla is fast? What's it's time around the 'Ring?

·
Registered
209 Posts
For what it is...acceleration and handling are excellent IMO.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
You say the Tesla is fast? What's it's time around the 'Ring?
Agree - The Tesla, nor is any EV, for fast-lapping on long road courses, but it's the quickest-accelerating 4-door sedan ever. I've owned and driven some very quick cars, but the Tesla is quicker and does it without any of the revving, shifting, wheel-spinning drama; it just goes into hyperspace.

Same with the Bolt - by the stopwatch, when they're given time to get ready to launch, there are quicker hot hatches. However, in normal driving the Bolt is very much quicker than most, because it's never in the wrong gear, never down on turbo boost.

jack vines

1 - 8 of 8 Posts