Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We took delivery of what appears to be close to a flawless solid build quality 0 defects Bolt Premier on January 13th----The dealer called just as I was finishing the installation of my 32 amp EVSE! Summit White Color Build Date December 2017. I versed myself in all things Bolt EV prior to test drive, inspection, driveoff. I viewed many owners on YouTube and elsewhere as to the salient points regarding Bolt EV's operation, limitations, controls, indicators, systems etc. No surprises...thanks GM!
I still am reading up on the car. I have access to lifts, special tools etc, but it looks like that wont be needed for a long time. The car is flawless and beautiful. My wife and I both love it. NorCal is perfect for this car even if the temps drop to 30 degrees F. Cant wait to see how it does at 85 degrees F.! Longest distance Ive driven non-stop is 100 miles . Driving down to LA soon on 99. There's a guy on YouTube named ''News Columb" who is driving over the mountains from Bakersfield to LA with ease! Hes made lots of trip videos on YouTube. Great to see this blog going and its truly great! Happy electric motoring to all!

·
Registered
575 Posts
I'm in the Silicon Valley. Although temperatures have been dropping into the 30s at night here lately, I don't think the battery heater has ever kicked in. If you are with PG&E, be sure you are on one of the net metering plans so you can charge at night (11 PM to 7 AM) for 12 cents per kWh. Yes, it means you have to watch your usage during the day, but if you have solar panels this is a good deal. You can sell them your solar energy for 45 cents per kWh in the afternoon, then buy it back for 12 cents per kWh when you charge at night.

Search Plugshare.com for charging locations on your trip to LaLaLand.

167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The [email protected] deal was part of the deal. They put us on the EV A plan at 12 a kw offpeak. Yeah, i wwatch what i use during peak. Easy to do since the kids grew up and flew away. I'm going to need another EV in 2 years and I bet Mary Barra will have one built to my specifications at that time! A Bolt EV SUV with new technologies!

·
Registered
247 Posts
Funny you mentioned the spacecraft. It is what friends say once they hope in and I take them to a test drive. I myself always said from the first day, I always feel I am piloting a small star wars or battlestar galactica mini spacecraft LOL

Reactions: Pvillerob
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The bare fame looks like a spacecraft under construction

A lot of automotive tech comes from aerospace (ABS, airbag components, etc) The Bolt EV bare frame skeleton looks very much like a spacecraft being built at Lockheed Martin or Boeing. The other thing is the storm trooper plastic in the interior....very futuristic space age looking design. >:)

·
Registered
153 Posts
"Spacecraft" works. My wife said the quiet acceleration feels like riding in an electric train.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Ah, Lost in Space..... I can't believe I was frightened as a kid by those ridiculous looking dude-in-a-hairy-suit monsters. But I always wanted a laser pistol! :^)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts