Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Chevrolet Bolt
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stumbled across a reference to Plugsurfing, a European service that integrates multiple charging networks into a universal RFID fob and combined billing service. We need this in the US!

Here's the article where I first heard about it (going to the woods in Amsterdam for a weekend in the Polestar 2):

·
Registered
4,365 Posts
Already have inn a way, through the manufacture's apps like GM and Ford.

·
Registered
'19 Bolt Premier; '13 Leaf SV w/premium
1,284 Posts
(EZ-Charge) FAQ supported multiple networks.
"The current EV charging network participants that support EZ-Charge are Aerovironment, Blink, ChargePoint, Greenlots, JNSH, and EVgo."

There are also roaming agreements (e.g. between EVgo and ChargePoint). I've used EVgo app to charge on ChargePoint and I've seen someone do the opposite (not sure if they used their app or RFID card).

·
Registered
2020 Chevrolet Bolt
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Already have inn a way, through the manufacture's apps like GM and Ford.
I think it's important not to be tied to a specific manufacturer. Families may eventually have more than one EV, from different manufacturers. Consolidated billing is an important part of the utility.

(EZ-Charge) FAQ supported multiple networks.
"The current EV charging network participants that support EZ-Charge are Aerovironment, Blink, ChargePoint, Greenlots, JNSH, and EVgo."...
ChargePoint and EVgo are most common near me. However, I think a service like EZ-charge needs to include EA to work seamlessly.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts