Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The front row 2 piece set is now available from Weather Tech for $109.95 + $ 18.00 shipping to me. I just called Husky again and they are still saying they can't get their hands on one to measure it up and it probably won't be until the end of the year.

http://www.weathertech.com/chevrolet...er-digitalfit/

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Trim-to-fit Rubbermaid mats at Target, $29.99 for all four. (May not look as nice, but they keep the salt/snow/slush off the carpets just as well.) Perfect gray color. Wash them off in the tub. Won't last as long, I am sure. Just a consideration...

·
Registered
624 Posts
do the target ones cover the dead pedal? this is the key consideration for me.

i just paid $40k for a car, i can pay another $100 to protect it.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
^ Even the Weaher-Tech mats look like they don't fully cover the dead pedal.... although it may be due to the photo on the Weather-Tech site?

I'll know in a few days either way.....

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
^ Even the Weaher-Tech mats look like they don't fully cover the dead pedal.... although it may be due to the photo on the Weather-Tech site?

I'll know in a few days either way.....

I will wait for you assessment.

·
Registered
624 Posts
i don't think weathertech shows the actual product, just representative samples. the weathertechs i had for my GTI did cover it completely, and they were awesome.

just ordered these, and a couple trim to fit cargo mats from walmart. should be pretty well covered.

*edit: i stand corrected, it actually says 'chevrolet bolt ev shown' on the weathertech page. i see what you mean about incomplete coverage, but as long as there's some coverage and it's connected at the bottom so stuff can't fall down under the mat, i should be good.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
do the target ones cover the dead pedal? this is the key consideration for me.

i just paid $40k for a car, i can pay another $100 to protect it.
Neither cover the dead foot pedal. I made a "handsome" cover as suggested here on the Forum with a Harbor Freight stair tread ($6) and 2" hook-eye (Velcro being a trademark, after all) tape (use "hook" side, discard "loop" side) from Walmart ($4). It looks great! (And who gets down to inspect it closely to see that it was custom cut, not custom made?)

·
Registered
624 Posts
i think the weathertech does cover the pedal. here's a pic from their website of the GTI floor liners. i can vouch for the fact that it did cover the dead pedal. the bolt version looks the same. if there was a picture from a different angle, it would be easier to see.

Attachments

·
Registered
150 Posts
Yeah I just noticed that they were available too. Thought I?d let you all know but I should have known that you guys would know already! LOL

I just ordered a set. I?m glad they made it out before the snow!

·
Registered
624 Posts
has anyone's order shipped yet? mine is still "in progress." i'm hoping they didn't offer these for sale before they were actually ready in order to gauge demand.

edit: spoke too soon, i just got a shipping notification and they should arrive next week. can't wait.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
^ Mine is scheduled to arrive on Tues via Fedex...

·
Registered
179 Posts
So what was the point to register for the bolt and be notified when their available?? Never got email. Epic fail on weather techs part.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
I just wish these custom mats would be cheaper. I just installed WeatherTech's universal cut-to-fit mats today based on the ElectricVehicle wiki on Bolt mats and they are pretty good for $50. They even cover the dead pedal, albeit a little loose but I'm going to fix that with some velcro hooks.

For me, the custom mats would be reasonable at $75. I understand labor to measure must be taken into account, but since they're selling a complete front and rear set of mats for $50, I'd think the extra labor for just the front mats should run only $30.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Thanks for letting us know! I have been waiting months for these. These are a must-have for all the snow and slush that gets tracked into cars here in Canada. I get these for all my cars, and they are amazing. Too bad the Bolt EV liners only come in black though. I would much prefer grey.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Just so happens I live 20mins from WeatherTech and pick up the front mats. They seems like the traditional WeatherTech mats I've used in the past. Fit is pretty good.
Pictures below
What is the metal-looking device in the third photo? Is that something you added to cover the top-half of the carpeted area?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts