Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have organized the 15 radio favorites so the first 4/5 stations are local FM and the rest are SXM. But I always have a problem with the last FM station in the list, before the SXM stations. Let's call this last FM station 96.9.

After programming I turn off the car and go away. When I next start the car (after at least 10 mins), 96.9 is duplicated and now also appears in the middle of list of SXM stations, over-writing one of them.

When I replace the duplicate 96.9 with the original SXM station that got over-written, the original 96.9 station stops working! It is still displayed but there is no sound when you select it and when using the steering wheel FAV buttons it get skipped.

But when I reprogram the original 96.9 again, it works... and the cycle repeats... power off, come back 10 mins later and it has been duplicated again!!!

The station itself makes no difference, nor does it seem to matter how many FM or SXM stations I have stored... the common denominator is that it always affects the last FM station in the list.

Anyone else had a similar problem of stations getting duplicated?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I haven't noticed a problem on our 2020 Bolt. I think all of our presets that we have programmed are SXM. If I notice something this week, I'll write back!

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
About 6 months after getting my Bolt in 2017 I had the same problem, it was very frustrating to say the least. As a last resort before tearing my dash apart to replace the radio.. the dealer did a complete factory reset of the infotainment system (that option is buried somewhere in the sub menus). I was amazed and skeptical that the reset procedure was the solution, but to my delight the radio had been flawless since doing that 1.5yrs ago.

Please try the full infotainment reset before having the dealer gorillas tear apart your clean, quiet dashboard.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Please try the full infotainment reset before having the dealer gorillas tear apart your clean, quiet dashboard.
OMG! I consider myself a competent Bolt owner, I've read the manual and explored all the menus and options... but dang it I must be getting old. I don't know how I never noticed it before, and when I first read your message I figured this was something the dealer would have to do... and obviously must have tried already.

But I checked and in settings there is a Restore Fatory Settings option and in there there are 3 other options, one of which is to reset the radio... and it worked! Amazing.

Thank you... but I'm very cross at myself for not knowing about this... and it would seem my dealer (who is clued up on the Bolt) didn't know either.

Thanks again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts