Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,820 Posts
I joined the Meetup.com group and I've been to a few of the Saturday morning meetings.

Last week I ordered a Kinetic Blue Premiere Bolt which, barring the appearance of Murphy, could be here in December.

·
Registered
2017 Bolt EV LT
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I joined the Meetup.com group and I've been to a few of the Saturday morning meetings.

Last week I ordered a Kinetic Blue Premiere Bolt which, barring the appearance of Murphy, could be here in December.
Very cool, good color choice ;) Is that a 2017 or 2018 that you're expecting in December? Do you mind sharing which dealership you worked with?

I've been to a couple meetup get togethers as well (out in the valley), though I've yet to make it to a Vancouver meeting. I was hoping to attend September's evening meeting but work kept me away from that one.

·
Registered
4,820 Posts
Very cool, good color choice ;) Is that a 2017 or 2018 that you're expecting in December? Do you mind sharing which dealership you worked with?
It's a 2017, currently scheduled to be built during the week of October 30. But I told the salesman that if the 2018 model was announced before the car arrives and if it has some particular feature that really want (not likely, but one can always hope for Adaptive Cruise Control!) then I'd cancel the 2017 order and get in line for a 2018.

I went to Dueck on SW Marine Drive in Vancouver. I was rather partial to them because they've hosted a couple of VEVA meetings to talk about the Volt and the Bolt, so they seem to be supportive of EVs. And the owner has his Bolt on the lot for test drives - the only place in Vancouver that I'm aware of where you can do that.

·
Registered
4,820 Posts
Well, fate has stepped in and I just took delivery of my Kinetic Blue Bolt yesterday. I got a phone call out of the blue from a salesman at Carter GM in North Vancouver that they had a car available. He had my number because I talked to him in July about another Bolt ordered by someone that cancelled, but that one ended up going to someone else. I spent yesterday afternoon having a ball meandering all over the Lower Mainland.

·
Super Moderator
2,564 Posts
Well, fate has stepped in and I just took delivery of my Kinetic Blue Bolt yesterday. I got a phone call out of the blue from a salesman at Carter GM in North Vancouver that they had a car available. He had my number because I talked to him in July about another Bolt ordered by someone that cancelled, but that one ended up going to someone else. I spent yesterday afternoon having a ball meandering all over the Lower Mainland.
Congratulations! I know you've been waiting some time now. Now you can see for yourself what everyone's been talking about.

·
Registered
4,820 Posts
Well, fate has stepped in and I just took delivery of my Kinetic Blue Bolt yesterday. I got a phone call out of the blue from a salesman at Carter GM in North Vancouver that they had a car available.
I had to go back to Dueck on Marine today to cancel the order that I put a deposit on. It's too bad, because I liked the dealership - they were the only place that had an actual Bolt that could be taken for more than a 5-minute test drive, and I really appreciate the fact that Dueck has supported EV adoption by hosting VEVA meetings to introduce GMs electric offerings.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I'm not a member of VEVA, but west is best for sure!

I bought my Bolt at Preston GM in Langley. I bought my now-departed Volt there. I hadn't bought an American car since 1998, so I was a little leery about the car and the dealership, but both turned out fine.

·
Registered
2017 Bolt EV LT
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm not a member of VEVA, but west is best for sure!

I bought my Bolt at Preston GM in Langley. I bought my now-departed Volt there. I hadn't bought an American car since 1998, so I was a little leery about the car and the dealership, but both turned out fine.

Is your Bolt red?

·
Registered
173 Posts
Been a lurker here (recent) and a member on the gm-volt forums forever. I love the concept of the voltec but now that battery range is up in the 300+km, I have been eyeing the Bolt with interest. Of course, hard to find one for sale but I did sit in one that was already sold. Told the dealer to give me a call if one comes in with heated seats and not pre-sold.

A little hard to choke down the "no discounts" off MSRP - prov rebate line but what's a guy to do? I should stop reading the thread where the USA guys are getting smoking deals. LOL.

Been getting the charging situation squared away this past week. Will aim for the 14-50 240v dog bone for the existing GMC cord that comes with the car, as I have low mileage needs at the moment. Will likely get the fabled Tesla UMC at some point.

The Nokian 4 season tire (WRG) seems like a winner if the stockers are as disappointing as the guys here say.

·
Registered
2017 Bolt EV LT
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Welcome photonburst. Yeah there's a big difference between cars sitting on multiple lots competing with each other in the US, and multiple people pre-ordering cars that are trickling into Canada. GM Canada has zero reason to discount, and frankly I'm surprised that I haven't heard about dealers charging over MSRP for a relatively rare car when I'm sure they could get away with it. I had to pay the $500 processing (dealer proffit) fee on my very early delivery car, but it was just MSRP other than that. Easy, no haggling required! I kind of enjoyed the car buying process in that regard.

·
Registered
4,820 Posts
Been a lurker here (recent) and a member on the gm-volt forums forever. I love the concept of the voltec but now that battery range is up in the 300+km, I have been eyeing the Bolt with interest.
I had always intended to buy the Volt and I held out for the Gen2 version - but when I finally got to actually see one I was mightily disappointed by how much the fastback design compromised rear seat headroom and rear visibility. By that time the Bolt had been announced, and the promise of >300km range made it a viable alternative for me. So now, after another year and a half of waiting I finally have my electric car! My only regret is that it doesn't have the adaptive cruise control that I waited for on the Gen2 Volt.

Been getting the charging situation squared away this past week. Will aim for the 14-50 240v dog bone for the existing GMC cord that comes with the car, as I have low mileage needs at the moment. Will likely get the fabled Tesla UMC at some point.
I was hoping to get a high capacity L2 charger, but I've been living with the stock EVSE running off 240V and it's been working quite well for me. Given the rather steep cost of upgrading the underground wiring to my detached garage, I'm now thinking that I'll stay with that solution and maybe put the money towards the Tesla UMC and J-Adapter when the spring comes and I'm inclined to do some road trips.

·
Registered
173 Posts
towards the Tesla UMC and J-Adapter when the spring comes and I'm inclined to do some road trips.
I will have to try buying it off the tesla canada site. They seem to want a VIN these days though? J-adator for sure on my list.

Go to pick up my dark gray LT this week. :)

·
Registered
4,820 Posts
If anyone in the Metro Vancouver area is wanting to have a look at a Bolt, I was in Dueck on Marine Drive in Vancouver on Wednesday and they actually had one in the showroom. The showroom!

I never got a chance to ask it if was already spoken for, but it's the first one I've seen actually sitting in any showroom in Canada.

They also have the owner's Bolt which they are using for people who'd like to take a test drive.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I was hoping to get a high capacity L2 charger, but I've been living with the stock EVSE running off 240V and it's been working quite well for me. Given the rather steep cost of upgrading the underground wiring to my detached garage, I'm now thinking that I'll stay with that solution and maybe put the money towards the Tesla UMC and J-Adapter when the spring comes and I'm inclined to do some road trips.
I have a detached garage as well. My electrician had to dig a trench between my home and the garage; fortunately, living in Surrey in a relatively new development, the distance between the house and the garage is only about six feet.

The total cost, including adding a breaker to the fuse box in the basement, running the wiring from the breaker across the ceiling of the basement to the wall, boring through the wall, digging the trench, boring through the wall of the garage, and then installing the ChargePoint L2 charger on the wall of the garage (whew!!!) cost around $800.

Pricey ... yes, but I had that done for the 2017 Volt Premier that I bought in November 2016. My usage of the Volt was 90% electric before I traded it in last month on the Bolt, so from Nov. 2016 to Nov. 2017, I saved in not paying for gas way more than the cost of the L2 charger plus the cost of the charger itself. In other words, it more than paid for itself.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts