Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I have a Chevy Bolt EV 2017, I have been noticing a weird noise coming from the AC/Heat vents when I take a quick turn. Also I have noticed water dripping from behind them. I read that this might be a Condensation drain is clogged. Does anyone know how to locate this drain? I also read this could be the cabin air filter. I am not sure how this can cause that but If any of you know how to check this I would appreciate any tips I can get.

Thank you!

·
Registered
3,443 Posts
Does anyone know how to locate this drain?
Went out to the shop and checked where I could see the water draining from the Bolt. Didn't realize how much dried mud I had underneath the car from my dirt road. Hasn't rained in a long time so it's been there awhile. But you can see a couple places where it drains out the plastic panel and some dirt that's wet from the drain too. Barely had enough room under the car to get the picture. So jacking up the car and removing this plastic panel would be necessary based on my first look. Puddle under the car shows it a little to the passenger side in the area underneath the firewall. Checked under the hood and couldn't see the bottom of the firewall. So going in from underneath the car looks like the only way.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts